Author Topic: Project: Drug War  (Read 1225 times)

Dabby-D

• View Profile
Project: Drug War
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:32:15 AM »
So I started this project to produce a race quality US model S9 while still maintaining a small level of street dignity (Barely-Legal). The main ideas that I have that are considerably different by manufacturer designs and utilizing what is available in carburetor, rotor, and water-pump technology to set myself apart while trying to achieve a bit more ponies then the other guys. So using a multi-jet-nozzle Yoshimura 24mm carburetor that uses carburetor misting nozzles with holes in the needle allowing more flow versus the pin style with the limited flow from one hole. The difference in the electrical is to maintain my Accessories and switches while still opting for a racing inner rotor setup. Drag occurs in this system by use of the 12v power and also from the water pump attached to the crank. By setting up an Artek K2 digital inner rotor w/light I will maintain the 12v accessories. I plan to remove the manual water-pump and replace it with a 12v water pump to reduce physical drag and apply it to digital drag, which can be adjusted a bit easier, Thus being my concept for the advantage. I also want to add additional flow coolers instead of just looping my coolant lines to try and add additional safeties for overheating issues, I want to really keep this setup cool for longer travels.

Engine

Cylinder: 73.8cc (T6) Airsal Aluminum sport cylinder
Intake Manifold: Naraku spacer to minerelli & 24mm/32mm intake manifold
Reeds: (soon) Malossi
Carburator: Dellorto PHGB AS 19mm w/100-Main
Air Filter: Malossi E5 38mm red air filter w/ chrome weather guard
Water pump: (soon) Naraku 12v water pump
Exhaust: Technigas Next-R
Crank: Stock
Oil pump: Stock

Ignition

Battery: Chrome-Pro I-gel YTX5L-BS w/ LED self test indicator
Stator: (Soon) Artek K2 digital inner rotor w/light
Coil: Naraku V.2 Hi Output Racing coil
Spark Plug: NGK Platinum B8EGV spark plug
CDI:  Searching for compatible unrestricted unit.

Transmission
Variator: Malossi multivar w/9g rollers
Clutch: Malossi Delta MHR w/white springs (soon) Stage6 R/T
Torque driver: (soon) Stage6
Clutch bell: (soon) Stage6 R/T 17009
Contra spring: White springs (sport)
Gear-up: Stock (soon) Fabrication
Belt: Malossi MHR X-Kevlar

Suspension

Tires: Maxxis Maxx Daddy 130/70/12 M6024 Dirt Tires
Front Forks: (soon) Fastace AE01RCP adjustable
Rear shock/s: (soon) Racingbros bazooka 4.0

Style
Headlights: Chemeleon purple-chrome headlight tint
Radiator: red mesh for grill
Handlebar Stem: (soon) Str8-TNT 
Handlebars: (soon) Downhill bars
Handlebar pad: (soon) Stage6
Exhaust: Red Insulation Wrap
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:58:35 AM by Dabby-D »
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

Dabby-D

• View Profile
Re: Project: Drug War
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:17:06 AM »
I started with the Transmission: replacing the variator, and clutch to malossi MHR w/white springs. My next stage was to upgrade the exhaust, I used a technigas Next-R. I then, upgraded the entire electric system that matters: Battery, stator, regulator, CDI, Coil, and plug. I made sure the electric starter works, but am looking for a Hi-Torque performance starter. With those things in place, I upgraded to an Airsal 73.8cc Cylinder and wrapped my exhaust pipe to minimize heat precipitation in the engine. I had some trouble with the original gaskets and suffered alot of leaks before getting pissed and getting some gasket compound which solved my troubles quickly. My side marker lights became my turn signals in the front and I wrapped them, and the headlight in Purple Chameleon tint. The rear light cover with clear lenses has been ordered and will get the same treatment with relocation. All the bulbs are converted to LED high output 1057 and 1157's and the headlight is now a 36w 6k lumens H8 motorcycle LED.

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 05:25:55 AM »
Not sure if i mentioned this before but this Scoot has the RECALLED SH10B motor in it which I feel increases its value a bit. I plan to get the upper shock mount reinforced and replace all engine mount bushings but I will Never give up my Liquid Cooling for an Air Cooled model. Even if someone stole my bike and tried to sell just the motor, I think i would find out since its rare, and I may possibly have a better warranty then your 2018 yamaha Zuma, having an infinite power-train warranty :)

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »
I finally stripped this bike down some more, I removed the side vents behind the tool box to allow Air circulation to the engine bay, allow more space for wrenching and lighten the frame. I also removed the oil pump after it F'd my piston ring up, I removed the oil reservoir as well to lighten the bike and make field stripping easier. DONT USE OIL PUMPS ON BIG BORE KITS!! I removed the license plate splashguard,  hard wired all the turn signals to work where they were intended to and added LED bulbs all the way around. Next on the list will be a paint job, Green with purple highlights. 

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »
I am usually not a fan of modifying scooters, but I definitely make an exception in this case. Great write-up a good job! Let us know about the performance when all is done.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()