Author Topic: And on a clear day ...  (Read 2206 times)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
And on a clear day ...
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:20:35 AM »
 ... on a clear day, you can see forever ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: And on a clear day ...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
 8) 8) 8) ... and this was just up the road a bit ...  :) :) :)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:43:33 AM »
Ahh Grasshopper .... after all this time I've just realized that you can move the topics to different sections. I should have posted it here to start with.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:46:46 AM by Hairy Bob »

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:44:44 PM »
If I did not have so many irons in the fire I would get the work done on my People 250...
It's that Round Tuit thing, again.

It's a bit awkward posting pics of my Helix in the Kymco forum, but I'm enjoying the scooter and do like the members here.

Perhaps the management could develop the Others part of the forum just a bit more so we can put a few more pics of the different two wheelers we also enjoy ?

It would take more than a few minutes for me to recall names of all of 'em out there in the yard.
I've bought each of them because of appreciation for some particular facet of their design.

Some view my collecting as a problem.
I view lack of sifficient space as a bigger obstacle !
redk

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »
G'day Redk.
I didn't think the eye candy section was strictly a Kymco gig as I've definitely seen pics of different brand bikes and scoots in various posts. Like you, I've always really liked this forum and the people on it, and although I changed brands of bike, up until now I seemed to get positive responses to the pics I posted. Anyhow, if it really does bother you that much mate, I can pull the pics down.
Ride safe.
Regards
Hairy Bob.   
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:43:13 AM by Hairy Bob »

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:34:35 AM »
I love your pics mate. And I really like the look of your bike. I've had many types of bikes but never a v twin cruiser. I've looked at them some in the past but I had to consider the comfort of my Debbie too. I also ride a non-Kymco, a Honda Silverwing Maxiscooter. Even when I was down to one bike, my Silverwing, I felt comfortable posting pics and stories here. Seems like we have lots of folks here with mixed breeds.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:38:51 AM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »
G'day Redk.
I didn't think the eye candy section was strictly a Kymco gig as I've definitely seen pics of different brand bikes and scoots in various posts. Like you, I've always really liked this forum and the people people on it and although I changed brands of bike, up until now I seemed to get positive responses to the pics I posted. Anyhow, if it really does bother you that much mate, I can pull the pics down.
Ride safe.
Regards
Hairy Bob.   
Hey Hairy
You are most correct....this is firstly (if that's a word) a two, or even 3, wheel place for folks to hang out, tell lies and exaggerate, share decent photos and tell how we broke things while trying to fix something.
We do appreciate that you spin over your nice photos from Down There, so's we don't have to flip over the Dell any longer to see 'em!
Ride safe and keep on keeping etc.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »
 :) Hey there Scooter Dan and Stig . Thanks heaps for your kind and positive support , I really do appreciate it . I've got some pics to show you of a trip I did way down the south coast of New South Wales a while back ... I think I mentioned it to you Stig .  :o Holy smoke .. that was eight months ago already ! Time flies hey . Anyway , I rode down the coast way and came back the inland route . A nice little 2670 klm round trip . And what a blast it was fellas  8).
So , this one is about 900ks from home, a bit south of Sydney. I'd just come through Royal National Park and looking down the coast towards Wollongong which is way, way off in the distance. That's a little place called Stanwell Park just down below .. as you can see, this was before I got my Hairy Bob number plates  :D ...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:56:12 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »
 8) .. next is the harbour at Ulladulla, another couple of hundred ks further south ( you'd be digging these names  :) ) and the next one is a bit further south again, heading out of Batemans Bay ..

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
I'll post more of the trip shortly ... that was a bit of a taste for you lads anyway  :) :) :)
In the mean time ride safe.
Best regards as always.
Hairy Bob  8)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
Righto ... where was I ...
I left Batemans Bay, and basically headed straight to my mate's place at Bermagui, a couple of hours further south. I don't have any pics of Black Beauty here because I didn't take a spare lid ( helmet ), and my mate doesn't ride bikes anymore and didn't bloody well have one either. Bad management on both our part hey !!!  So, we had to leave the bike back at his spread ( 99 acres of mostly virgin bush ... a nice little slice of paradise guys I tell ya ) and drove around in his car. Here's a couple of shots from the coffee shop we had breakky at a couple of mornings though overlooking Bermagui harbour ... as you can see, it was absolutely awful, but don't worry too much about us, we soldiered on as best we could  ;) ... 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:27:39 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »
I'll post pics of the inland trip home soon .. they weren't so "clear days"  though, but it's all part of the game on a motorcycle hey !   :)

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
...if it really does bother you...

lol

I could not imagine anyone would give a hoot if I was bothered !
and it's certainly not my place to make any decisions.
My apology, Bob.  I thought I was asking for a place to put More non-Kymco pics.
redk

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »
No worries at all Redk. Maybe I totally got the wrong angle on your post. If that was the case, my apologies to you too mate.
Ride safe.
Regards, Hairy Bob.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »
No worries mate !

I like the V twins.

Wish my sons had not taken my Vulcan Classic apart.
( Which, BTW, does not have the same, nice frame geometry a HD does. )

Best
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()