Author Topic: Mirrors That Actually Allow You To See Behind You?  (Read 1907 times)

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
Mirrors That Actually Allow You To See Behind You?
« on: August 11, 2020, 02:45:38 AM »
LOL!!

I just bought my first bike EVER! 2009 Kymco People 150 with hardly any miles on it. My only riding experience was in the rider safety course, so I am a total newbie!

So one of my first observations was that the rear view mirrors are simply unacceptable and extremely dangerous. I will simply sell the bike and never ride again if this can't be quickly rectified. Unless I lean to the opposite side from the mirror in question I pretty much just see my arm and shoulde (why would anyone design a bike this way???).

Is my best bet to get those mirrors that screw into the ends of your handlebars? Does anyone have any experience with those things? Do they work extremely well?

Thanks.

The other new found issue is that my full face helmet and my glasses fog up!!!!! LOL!!! I'm thinking a 3/4 open faced helmet with prescription goggles is the solution?

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Mirrors That Actually Allow You To See Behind You?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 03:04:12 AM »
I had a People 150 and ordered a set of long stem mirrors off of eBay.  They worked well.  I ride with a 3/4 helmet on the scooter and has good air flow. For low cost and comfortable fit I found the Gmax worked well for me.

The mirrors are Bike master 600020. The ebay # is 293627128539 for around  $25. a pair
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:16:24 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
Mirror extenders also work well on my XT.  As for the helmet fogging up, have you tried a pinlock visor insert?  I swear by them.  Glasses?  Now that's a tough one and I count my blessings I only need them for reading!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:56:36 AM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »
I had same mirror problem with my new LIKE200iLX. ...bought some crazy long Italian mirrors, ebay. Love them. Mirror is up and just to side of my line of sight.
I wear glasses. Modular helmet works best for me.
I generally keep it cracked open 1/4th inch in all temps. No fogging of my spectacles.
I can see where a closed full face helmet will cause issues with glasses.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()