Author Topic: Kymco Oil Reservoir Delete  (Read 1353 times)

Big_Kush

• View Profile
Kymco Oil Reservoir Delete
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »
So I recently picked up a Kymco super 9 that turned out to be a bit more of a project than I had anticipated. Amongst a few other issues, the previous owner of the bike got rid of the oil reservoir to lighten the scooter and started running it on premixed gas. Any of you guys done this or heard of this before? if so any thoughts? I don't know whether to leave it or try to order another oil reservoir and get it back to normal. Thanks in advance

Dabby-D

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Oil Reservoir Delete
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
Premix is going to be more accurate then injectors, you dont have to have adjustment settings at the throttle cable you need to tune. meanwhile the benefit to having oil injectors is not having to premix saving time at the pump and not having to carry an additional 2t mix jug and and oil all the time. For street, sport the oil pump is the way to go because of the daily driving convenience it offers. premix eliminates adjustments and increases accuracy of mix for someone not traveling daily. I doubt you have a bike that is so tuned that you NEED to use premix and if your general use is for transportation then get your oil pump and all that back into action.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Oil Reservoir Delete
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:28:24 PM »
unless you can get the required parts cheap, I think you will find it expensive to convert back to OEM, just run it the way it is, lots of folks like to run without the oiler anyways, if stock engine just add 2.5 oz high grade oil per gallon when you fillup, make it easy and always add 1 gallon of gas at the pump, so you always add the same amount of oil, Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()