Author Topic: Sourcing panel spares after crash!  (Read 547 times)

KawasakiKen

• View Profile
Sourcing panel spares after crash!
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
Hi guys,

My son has just passed CBT, bought a Like 125 and crashed it on a rh bend! He paid £450 for it, but market value is around £800. His insurance excess is £450, and the assessor has written it off. I'm wondering whether it's worth him not claiming (so keeping his insurance and no claims), and getting it repaired.  IT fell onto its offside, both mirror are torn out of mounting, there is a hand-sized hole in the panel in front of his knees (above the right indicator, and a broken plate which seems to be bolted to the exhaust pipe.

I haven't been able to find any suppliers of panels on the internet...does anyone have any ideas, please? And would it perhaps be better to sell it for spares/repairs??

Any help/ advise really appreciated...he's broken his little finger and is a bit upset at present, which is why I'm trying to help him out.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Sourcing panel spares after crash!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
My condolences to your son!
And to his scooter (long time LIKE200I  rider here).
There are lots of used LIKE parts and panels for sale on USA eBay....most are too pricey compared to new from Kymcopartsmonster. Then there'd be the shipping cost.
Hopefully you will be able to source some parts from a wrecker yard, or get some leads from local scooter repair shops?
His is not the first LIKE to go down in your country....so, chin up - things will work out.
Having dealt with a son who recently dropped his Honda bike, I  know what you both are going through.
Good luck,
Stig, in Ohio
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
Like Stig said. A little patience on tracking used parts sounds like the way to go.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

KawasakiKen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
Thanks Stig and MJR,

Didn't realise I had registered on an American forum until I had posted my plea!! there are no panels to be found on eBay UK or anywhere online, but your other suggestions could be worth investigating. I''ll see what I can find out...thanks again - off to bed now , in Cornwall!!

Cheers,

Ken

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
Yes.
Shipping rates over the pond are very high !

Makes you wonder how they can bring goods across the Pacific so cheaply.
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()