Author Topic: CHECKING MY BELT?  (Read 1730 times)

Nireen

• View Profile
CHECKING MY BELT?
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »
Hey friends,
I want to check my belt out for ware and tare.  I think I took out all bolts but It is super snug.  Am I missing something in taking this off?  Also what about that little filter thing.  Should that be cleaned?  Just took of that little filter and there is a large nut there, do I take that off first? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:29:57 AM by Nireen »
Kat :)

Nireen

• View Profile
Re: CHECKING MY BELT?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »
This nut?

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
No, that is the nut for one of the pulleys. The cover almost gets welded on, from the heat. Carefully try to pry it off,without ruining the gasket. Mine does not have that filter, but it looks like it should be cleaned. Maybe try to give the cover a few gentle taps, with a rubber mallet and try to wiggle it free. I'm sure you get some more suggestions.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
Ah thank you Rich :) Helpful.

No, that is the nut for one of the pulleys. The cover almost gets welded on, from the heat. Carefully try to pry it off,without ruining the gasket. Mine does not have that filter, but it looks like it should be cleaned. Maybe try to give the cover a few gentle taps, with a rubber mallet and try to wiggle it free. I'm sure you get some more suggestions.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 10:34:14 AM »
Mine was difficult to get it too. As has been suggested, a few decent taps from a rubber mallet will start to move it. If you look underneath the casing you will see a pry point. Using a sturdy screwdriver, pushed not too far into it, gently separate the casings.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »

Yeah I am not doing to well here. :) Good to know about that.  I thought that maybe what that is for. OK will try that.  I may need a man for this :P
Mine was difficult to get it too. As has been suggested, a few decent taps from a rubber mallet will start to move it. If you look underneath the casing you will see a pry point. Using a sturdy screwdriver, pushed not too far into it, gently separate the casings.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »
I am curious as to how long do we normally get before having to replace the belt?

Yeah I am not doing to well here. :) Good to know about that.  I thought that maybe what that is for. OK will try that.  I may need a man for this :P

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 12:10:42 PM »
OK got it off but how now do I turn it so I can view the whole belt?

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 12:13:46 PM »
I notice a tare/split in the outside gasket sealer.  How can I repair?  Is it OK?

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:35 PM »
Owner's manual suggests the main belt to be replaced at every 20,000kms.
I am curious as to how long do we normally get before having to replace the belt?
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
OK good I am now at 13000 km's :)  I think the belt looks good.  I have made a video and will show it soon.

Owner's manual suggests the main belt to be replaced at every 20,000kms.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 03:52:30 PM »
I notice a tare/split in the outside gasket sealer.  How can I repair?  Is it OK?
   the gasket on my downtown was torn first time off,  ( variator cover)   never replaced !   it is OK  as it is vented, anyhow,  mine did not come with the filter that you have so I never ordered a replacement,  85,000 Km. now and works fine as is, 

Nireen

• View Profile

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 03:56:01 PM »
Did you ever change your belt yet at 85,000 kms!

the gasket on my downtown was torn first time off,  ( variator cover)   never replaced !   it is OK  as it is vented, anyhow,  mine did not come with the filter that you have so I never ordered a replacement,  85,000 Km. now and works fine as is,

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 07:42:15 PM »
Nireen, try rotating the back wheel by hand.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()