Author Topic: Went to Kymco dealer today  (Read 1488 times)

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Went to Kymco dealer today
« on: June 24, 2017, 03:05:24 AM »
I had to pick a few items and was at the only Kymco dealer in Memphis, Tennessee. His primany line is BMW m/c and scooters. I was hoping to see a 700cc Kymco. He told me that the 500 and 700 Kymco's were special order He had one 125, 4 50's, a GT300 and 4 Like 200i. He said his best sellers was the 50cc first and the Like 200 next, Said he'd sold five of them in the last two weeks. He had a Like that was painted in the flat black. Didn't look half bad. He said Kymco was introducing several new models in the fall.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

ronigj

• View Profile
    • Super 8 Philippines Motorcycle, Club Inc.
Re: Went to Kymco dealer today
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »
Here in the Philippines just recently introduce KYMCO AK550i http://www.kymco.com/?content=product%2Fmaxi-scooters%2FAK-550&cat=onroad&cata=maxi-scooters

Sent from my Skyfire2 using Tapatalk

ronigj

• View Profile
    • Super 8 Philippines Motorcycle, Club Inc.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Pretty cool. Thanks to you both for posting.
Our fellow scooter riders in the far Pacific sure have lots of rides to choose from. That is as it should be......we gringos barely give scooters a thought in this country, judging by the small numbers of them we buy each year.
I am in Florida at present - and understand why so many Chinese scooters are putting about the streets here. Cheap, and they get you where you need to go with some basic upkeep.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 04:39:15 PM »
Models that may be available elsewhere are not imported to the USA because of regulatory considerations.

IMO it would be better if more people here were using the personal transport vehicles, but what do I know !  lol
redk

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
Well the MyRoad 700i model years here are 2014-15 so they would have to be new old stock and from what I can tell the scoot was discontinued in 2015. I'm not sure just how many they brought to the states. I bought my new 2014 last year.

Not surprised that they wouldn't have one especially considering the competition to their BMW line.

I'm not sure if Kymco USA will sell the AK550 here but I'd sure like to see one. I just think Kymco USA just limits what they offer based on what they think will sell here. It's kinda a shame when I think of some of the cool Scooters in those large market areas get like the EU or Asian markets.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
Guys:
Maybe this guy who posted all these cool pictures knows Vivo/ I always enjoyed reading his posts.
The United States tends to be a motorcycle market instead of a scooter market. Some of our fellow
Americans are not willing to pay for quality scooters. Here in Vegas it is most the cheap, Chinese
50ccs that you see all over town. At this time of year it is too hot to ride during the day. For me,
my bike is currently my only means of transportation to get around. I have to use it for to get
to job interviews until I get a job again.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 02:12:24 AM »
Guys:
Maybe this guy who posted all these cool pictures knows Vivo/ I always enjoyed reading his posts.
The United States tends to be a motorcycle market instead of a scooter market. Some of our fellow
Americans are not willing to pay for quality scooters. Here in Vegas it is most the cheap, Chinese
50ccs that you see all over town. At this time of year it is too hot to ride during the day. For me,
my bike is currently my only means of transportation to get around. I have to use it for to get
to job interviews until I get a job again.
Kingkymco...
Seeing a lot of the Chinese scooters being used for work commuting here in Florida.. Per my habit of being out and about before sunrise. ..I  see a lot of folks riding the small scoots to work.
Hey, whatever a person needs to do. We're all doing the best we can.
Wishing you the best of luck in your job hunting!!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 01:37:53 AM »
Stopped by my kymco dealer yesterday and........
bought a SYM/Lance.

I love my Downtown 300 but at the end of the day it's more cycle than scooter to me. I missed the little 125 cali classic I had up at my jersey beach house.

I stopped by my local store and saw the little scoot I loved with more HP and FI. So I bought it. It's a very capable scoot, 65mph is easy if needed good brakes and road manners for what it is. The SYM motor is what you expect strong for its size.

To my eye I like the quirky joker look. Naked bars and goofy ducktail work for me although I'm not a top box fan. Fit and finish are good with just enough "plasti-chrome" accents, lol.

Ya get what you pay for and if this scoot is half as good as the 125 I put 10k on I'll be happy.

http://www.lancepowersports.com/models/cali200i.html

In this part of the state we see more Taiwan scoots than china scoots, most 125cc plus. Long commutes take the 50s out of the game.

AMAC

www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
Stopped by my kymco dealer yesterday and........
bought a SYM/Lance.

I love my Downtown 300 but at the end of the day it's more cycle than scooter to me. I missed the little 125 cali classic I had up at my jersey beach house.

I stopped by my local store and saw the little scoot I loved with more HP and FI. So I bought it. It's a very capable scoot, 65mph is easy if needed good brakes and road manners for what it is. The SYM motor is what you expect strong for its size.

To my eye I like the quirky joker look. Naked bars and goofy ducktail work for me although I'm not a top box fan. Fit and finish are good with just enough "plasti-chrome" accents, lol.

Ya get what you pay for and if this scoot is half as good as the 125 I put 10k on I'll be happy.

http://www.lancepowersports.com/models/cali200i.html

In this part of the state we see more Taiwan scoots than china scoots, most 125cc plus. Long commutes take the 50s out of the game.

AMAC
AMAC, keep us posted on how the new "200" works for you. I love the idea, and I'm wishing I could trade in my SYM/Lance 150 for the newer 200 FI....timing is everything, I guess. But we would love to hear about its performance vs. the older 125/150 engines. Nice color, by the way!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 03:08:27 AM »
I do like the cali Classic, especially the naked handle bar. The Lance, coming out of mainland China is one of the better Chinese scooters and going to the SYM motor has a lot to do with that. Several years back I bought a new Lance 150cc, with the GY6 engine, from a dealer for $500. They had three of them and were just before dismantling them to use the parts in their repair shop. They could not get them run right. I had a pretty good idea what the problem was. I went to the Honda shop and bought a high and low speed jet for a 150cc Honda GY6  carb. and put them in and the Lance ran perfect.  Rode it for several years. I did call the dealer and told how to fix them. He called me back in a couple of weeks and offered me a job and I told him I was retired, not retarded. We had a laugh and he told me to stop by the and pick out any accessory for my Lance, on him, I a got a matching top box.
I don't know why scooters don't sell better in the U.S. Seems everybody wants the "bad boy" image of either a Harley or a rocket??? Guess I'm old enough now, not to need an image and glad of it. I love riding either my DT300 or my Honda Shadow.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 03:11:13 AM »
Oh and many thanks to ronigj and MAC1680 for the great pictures.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
Dadgummit AMAC !!
'They out of the Red ones again?! °¿°

Well done.
That size scooter is fun, isn't it? Gets you out of most trouble, but not so big it gets you into other kinds of trouble on the other end.
I see lots of these down here around St Pete....but all are the clones....seen three small Vespas so far, and a bunch of Chinese.

So, how many miles on that Inflato-Seat ?
(forget what they're called - a lot of Burgman riders using them)
Good on you
Enjoy
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »
Dadgummit AMAC !!
'They out of the Red ones again?! °¿°

Well done.
That size scooter is fun, isn't it? Gets you out of most trouble, but not so big it gets you into other kinds of trouble on the other end.
I see lots of these down here around St Pete....but all are the clones....seen three small Vespas so far, and a bunch of Chinese.

So, how many miles on that Inflato-Seat ?
(forget what they're called - a lot of Burgman riders using them)
Good on you
Enjoy
Stig

Brother ive got a ROHO inflato on everything i sit on from scooter to wheelchair. They even make one for the head......

AMAC

www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()