Author Topic: Skidded out  (Read 1595 times)

Redk

• View Profile
Re: Skidded out
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 05:42:46 AM »
lol

I have run the cheng shin tires...

They last a long time !

I'm usually amazed at how well other riders can perform on their motorcycles.
redk

forkintheroad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
I have had tire skid on the Agility at an intersection, so you're not alone there. Stock tires. I'd replace them but they're still in good shape at 2000km and I'm pretty sure I'm trading Agility for something bigger next year, otherwise it would be Michelin city grips. I've never been really comfortable with these tires.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
Another small thing that I've learned about riding on wet pavement. The roadway is, or should be, sloped toward the curb side, so that water will run off. On a two lane I try to ride in the center most lane with my tires where a cars left side tires run. That is best chance of missing most of the oil. On a one lane I use the same method. Doesn't seem like that would help all that much, but anything that might help is worth the effort. This coming from 63 years of riding experience. Glad to hear that you and your scoot weren't hurt any worse.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

knowitall77

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
Another small thing that I've learned about riding on wet pavement. The roadway is, or should be, sloped toward the curb side, so that water will run off. On a two lane I try to ride in the center most lane with my tires where a cars left side tires run. That is best chance of missing most of the oil. On a one lane I use the same method. Doesn't seem like that would help all that much, but anything that might help is worth the effort. This coming from 63 years of riding experience. Glad to hear that you and your scoot weren't hurt any worse.
Thank you. Something good did come out of this. I dusted up my bike and have being doing about 10 miles daily. Thanks Kymco :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()