Author Topic: 2018 LIKE closer to reality in the USA !  (Read 1234 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
2018 LIKE closer to reality in the USA !
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
Pdf pop-up now showing on Kymco USA web site !!
$2599 list with full ABS...."late August, all accessories are Italian made"
Probably low $3's at my local  "we don't deal - you're lucky we let you in here!" dealer. 
Still....exciting for all us first gen LIKE'ers.
Let's hope it is not prone to first run gremlins....although -- there weren't any on the 1st gen LIKEs, and not aware of any other Kymco models with first-assembled issues.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 LIKE closer to reality in the USA !
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
I know that made your day, Hooray
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »
Also closer to reality in Europe/Austria.  :)
Dealers here want to start by the end of July. But only with the 125i CBS.
Colors red, white, black and grey
The 150i ABS will not be sold here. Maybe in Italy next year. And the Netherlands.

Prize is (too) high end here with €2.899.- for the 125i (on sale for market lauch for 2.699,-) Still high imho.  :o :'(
Power is lower than advertised earlier in the internet.
Only 7,2kW or 9,8HP.  :-\ :(

Will try to find a dealer who has a registered test vehicle for a test ride in August. Could be a challenge, because dealers want so sell their new models immediately out of the showroom instead of providing test vehicles. On the other hand who is willing to buy a scooter without a testride in advance?

May we have a new main thread topic in this forum for the NEW Like 125i/150i models? (Question to admins) Thanks.  :)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
Also closer to reality in Europe/Austria.  :)
Dealers here want to start by the end of July. But only with the 125i CBS.
Colors red, white, black and grey
The 150i ABS will not be sold here. Maybe in Italy next year. And the Netherlands.

Prize is (too) high end here with €2.899.- for the 125i (on sale for market lauch for 2.699,-) Still high imho.  :o :'(
Power is lower than advertised earlier in the internet.
Only 7,2kW or 9,8HP.  :-\ :(

Will try to find a dealer who has a registered test vehicle for a test ride in August. Could be a challenge, because dealers want so sell their new models immediately out of the showroom instead of providing test vehicles. On the other hand who is willing to buy a scooter without a testride in advance?

May we have a new main thread topic in this forum for the NEW Like 125i/150i models? (Question to admins) Thanks.  :)

A couple of US dealers are taking pre-orders for the LIKE150i.
I recon the vast majority of us in the USA have never been able to get a test ride on a new scooter (or motorcycle).

I had one very desperate Piaggio dealer asked me to take his new BV350 for a "take it out and ride it , see what you think" test ride three years ago......hoping to prevent me from buying a Honda Forza from another dealer. The BV was a great scooter, but I bought, instead, the un-ridden Honda for reasons of reputation and personal hx from several other Hondas. (also: "what do you want to be relying on in the Ohio countryside?, a Honda or an Italian scooter? " Honda has a huge presence in Ohio, with several factories and assembly plants - and two nearby Honda Powersports Super Stores)

Most of us have to rely on written road tests by respected sources. We can sit a scooter - maybe even listen to it start and run - but if we ride it 'we bought it'. I know of no dealers who have demonstrator scooters or motorcycles on their show-room floors.

As for opening a new category for another LIKE engine size/body style.....let us see what the demand becomes.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()