Author Topic: VIN Number  (Read 3590 times)

xformer

• View Profile
VIN Number
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »
Where the heck is the VIN number on my 2004 super9 s? Found the frame # but just don't see VIN where manual says it is supposed to be.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: VIN Number
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
where are you looking?
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

xformer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:29:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply....I'm looking where the "Drivers Manual" says it is. Somewhere on the frame back by the gas tank under the seat (have the seat removed). The manual has a line drawing of the scooter with arrows pointing to the location of all 3 serial numbers. I'll be dammed if I can find it though. Next step is to remove most of the plastic and hopefully uncover it then. Just didn't want to do that unless I have to.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 05:54:45 PM »
The frame vin number is on the upright panel below the handle bars, just above the little storage box, and has a rectangular snap on plastic cover hiding it.  Seated on the scooter, your knees are right behind the vin cover.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()