Author Topic: First long trip for my 450i  (Read 1146 times)

airshot

• View Profile
First long trip for my 450i
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »
    We are about to embark on our first long trip with the 450i. Not to long ago we hooked up with a large national group for riders with side x side machines, atv's are also welcome but most are SxS's.  They are planning a trip and 4 day ride in the UP of Michigan and we are currently putting the last items in the motorhome preparing for an early departure on wed morning. A couple of 80-100 mile per day rides are planned along with numerous shorter rides. I am told they break off into high performance riders, and a group that likes to play in serious mud and hill climbs and another group for us older folks for serious scenic riding. Wife and I will be in the scenic ride group but I may do a couple shorter mud and hill climbs if timing is right. Will post back how the 450i holds up and any problems that might arise. Big part of the group are Polaris owners and always complaining about repairs on their machines, so hoping the Kymco gives a good showing in front of all the Polaris guys. Club is an all mfgr club and doesn't allow any one group of brand riders to bash or disrespect other brand riders but they do a lot of teasing with the others so we will see how things go.

jew8201

• View Profile
Re: First long trip for my 450i
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:07 AM »
I'm sure you will fare just fine! Do you have the tree kickers (rock sliders/nurf bars) on from off road body armor? I highly highly recommend them wait no they are a MUST HAVE. Had I not had them on one of my rides back in the spring my right side would of gotten crushed. The tree kickers certainly did their job.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »
   Yep just returned from our UP ride and things went well. My 450i was the smallest machine there by a large amount. Most of the other riders had RZR 800 and higher with long travel suspensions and a truck full of mods. Did go on one ride with them but then wife and I went on our own rides. Those guys ride fast and hard, way to hard for our enjoyment.  On the one ride we went on it was at night, we had a local guide lead the way and while it was fun it was also insane.....traveling thru a strange woods at 30 mph plus not knowing what was around the other corner???  Not for us, however the machine held up fine, no issues, she had a real workout!!

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »
Sounds like fun! Glad you had fun and didn't have any problems or anything.  I want to take mine up to the UP soon!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
I'm sure you will fare just fine! Do you have the tree kickers (rock sliders/nurf bars) on from off road body armor? I highly highly recommend them wait no they are a MUST HAVE. Had I not had them on one of my rides back in the spring my right side would of gotten crushed. The tree kickers certainly did their job.

Yep, I have the rear bumper and tree kickers, probably one of his first customers.

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
   Yep just returned from our UP ride and things went well. My 450i was the smallest machine there by a large amount. Most of the other riders had RZR 800 and higher with long travel suspensions and a truck full of mods. Did go on one ride with them but then wife and I went on our own rides. Those guys ride fast and hard, way to hard for our enjoyment.  On the one ride we went on it was at night, we had a local guide lead the way and while it was fun it was also insane.....traveling thru a strange woods at 30 mph plus not knowing what was around the other corner???  Not for us, however the machine held up fine, no issues, she had a real workout!!

How many miles did you put on it?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »
   On our way back home I realized I forgot to set the trip meter, but I would estimate more than a 100 miles.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()