Author Topic: New tires  (Read 2903 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Re: New tires
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 07:15:49 PM »
But just wondering what pressure everyone runs?  Manual says 10 front and 14 back.  I usually go by manual as I read when I owned motorcycles that you should go by manual not by tire.  Seems strange as you might change tire and size so things would differ?  For these ATV wheels I wonder if 10 and 14 and too much... maybe do a 10 - 12 or something?

I also follow mfgrs instructions, on my quads I only ran 4-6lbs, but on the SxS my fear is rolling the bead off of the rim if to soft. The 450 also has 12" wheels where the atv's had 10" wheels. I know some of the guys I rode up north but had 6-8ply tires and bead lock rims but not sure what pressures they were running. At the speeds we were going thru the trails, a blow out was of concern for me!!

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
Yeah I am running 9 for front and 11 in back right now.  Going to see how that works for me.

As for the tires, I found them on Amazon and paid like 255 for all 4.

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 03:41:29 AM »
Yeah I am running 9 for front and 11 in back right now.  Going to see how that works for me.

As for the tires, I found them on Amazon and paid like 255 for all 4.

What were the dates on the tires you just bought? The reason for the question is it sounds like a really good price.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »
What were the dates on the tires you just bought? The reason for the question is it sounds like a really good price.

best I can tell from research, and lack of information, SunF is a relatively new tire company, manufacturing their  tires in China, is that they are attempting to make inroads to the powersports tire market
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »

I just looked as my SunF tires, the fronts were made the 17th week of 2017 and the rears were made the 5th week of 2017

can't get much newer than that
RandyO
IBA#9560

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 07:39:30 PM »
I just looked as my SunF tires, the fronts were made the 17th week of 2017 and the rears were made the 5th week of 2017

can't get much newer than that

Thanks, Really Fresh tires they are, some motorcycle tires are hard to get that fresh at least the sizes I need.

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
Just bringing this thread back up. Had 2 flats this past weekend. I just HAD to drive that feeder the last 100yds in..... Cyprus knee got one while I was trying (and failed) to avoid a buried jagged metal drum.  Went with 8ply Blackwater Evolutions this time around. Not too sure how the 450cc will take em but we'll find out.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:29:44 PM by Dayooper »

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »
a year later and not many miles on the SunF A021 tires I posted about earlier in this thread

my reason for buying them was the amount of street miles I do, and they do handle much better on the street than a conventional off road tread, no doubt about it

my rear tires are wearing well, still plenty of tread, front tires however are nearly gone with only 400 miles or so, 2 wheel drive miles, so it's all steering wear, I will post up pics later

they do surprisingly well off road, even with high, 20psi, haven't done much recreational stuff, mostly work
RandyO
IBA#9560

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 01:17:30 PM »
Here's the Blackwater Evolution 8plys I got. Going with 8ply I decided to stick with the 25's in lieu of 26's. The 25's are still an inch wider than the stock tires.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()