Author Topic: How do I know I have refilled enough coolant into radiator?  (Read 697 times)

jerryfan2000

• View Profile
I am doing coolant change today and have just drained all coolant out and bought an anti freezer from auto parts shop. Now I got a new problem. I don't know how much cololant is enough for rafiator. For reservoir, I know there is the level line to check. For radiator, is there similar level indicator to check?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: How do I know I have refilled enough coolant into radiator?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:31:13 PM »
Hey Jerry. First off, make sure that the coolant you purchased is silicate-free. If it has silicates, do not put it in your scooter. It will eat the pump seals up. To answer your question, fill the radiator to the very top then close it. Then fill the coolant reservoir to the indicated level. Bring the scooter up to temp and see if the level of the reservoir goes down. If it does, fill again to the indicated level. Just keep an eye the reservoir for the next couple of rides and make sure that it stays at the proper amount. You need not open your radiator again until the next coolant change or if your reservoir goes dry. Hope this is helpful.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

jerryfan2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
Thanks Paul. Just followed your advice and toped the coolant to the top. Seems I did everything right in first DIY coolant change because the temp gauge stayed at normal level after 10 min of hard ride.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:50:07 PM by jerryfan2000 »

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »
Great Jerry! Thanks for the update. You may need to add just a little more coolant to the reservoir in the near future if there is any air that is being purged.  Congrats on the successful coolant service!  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:55:58 AM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()