Author Topic: 2007 500 for $700 or straight up trade.  (Read 2983 times)

RURC

• View Profile
Re: 2007 500 for $700 or straight up trade.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:42 PM »
Where the heck is it I will buy it NOW. I just rolled 22,000 on mine and I love the thing.

Basically I suggest you buy it. If you done please tell me where it is and I will ship it to Florida.

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 05:32:50 AM »
Hello scooter peeps. So I have a 2013 Super 8 150. It has 18xx miles. The only thing I've done to it is change the exhaust to a Yoshi TC racing and had the card re-jetted to match the change in fuel/air. So my dealer has a 2007 Kymco 500 with almost 8000 miles on it. The dealer had explained the that the previous owner dropped it due to not being able to handle the weight. So it has some scuffs and scrapes but they assure me it's mechanically sound and up to date on services and such. They want 700 cash or a straight up trade for my kymco 150. Would you take this deal from a Kymco dealer? If it was a private deal I would be wary, but I'm itching to get something bigger that what I have.

Holy crap, I'm looking at the same scooter, in syracuse, right??

Sqk

Mikethesloan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »

Holy crap, I'm looking at the same scooter, in syracuse, right??

Sqk

Yeah. Auburn Actually.  I bought it last month.  Has been great until a week ago.  The fuel pump died, and the cooling system needs a go through.  It's at the dealer now getting worked on.  They are covering it all, so I'm pretty stoked.
2013 Kymco Super 8 150 w/ Yoshimura TRC Exhaust
2007 Kymco Xciting 500 - Stock
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »
Yeah. Auburn Actually.  I bought it last month.  Has been great until a week ago.  The fuel pump died, and the cooling system needs a go through.  It's at the dealer now getting worked on.  They are covering it all, so I'm pretty stoked.

Sweet dude, I was looking at getting one but I have a complete distrust for used dealers, hope yours keeps going great!

Sqk

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »

Sucks on the break down but great they are taking care on it. Should be good to go after that.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

sissymary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
Wbop, put a battery tender type of charger on it. Keeps it ready to go at all times. I put a true gel in mine and have had zero issues. A lithium is even better. :-*

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 05:46:12 PM »
Hard starting when cold...

It seems this occurs when the battery is less than optimal ?

Probably not the best, fattest, hottest spark possible to meet those cold conditions?

Question...

Has anyone thought to re-wire that ignition circuit with one step heavier in wire gauge in hopes of delivering just a tad more amperage to the components of the ignition circuit?

Or, run an additional, parallel wire, along with the existing ??

Assure the mechanical connection within the multitude of connectors in those circuits are all in tip-top condition..

Another thought might be to run a single heat range hotter, for the cold months, and switch to a plug that runs cooler for the summer ?

Best
redk

sissymary

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
I would think putting a switch on the dash that turns off the head light while starting may be good for the people who are having this problem. The light takes up a lot of juice. Cranking the engine with the kick stand down may get fuel into the throttle body's. Then put stand up and then it may start better? I think the kick stand shut off is for spark only and not for fuel pump shut off? Worth a try. :-* 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
A 500, or the $700 ?
Take the $700.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

gwdoiron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »
Just as an FYI.  I have recently replaced the stator in my XC250, and am in the process of replacing it on the XC500i.
The stators on these bikes are sprayed in engine oil during operation.  When I installed the new stator in the XC250 (which cured it of its charging problems, I am happy to pass on), I noticed (where the bolt heads contacted the stator) that the new stator definitely has some sort of conformal coating on it.  I saw no evidence of conformal coating on the old stator.
So it seems that Kymco already has the problem sorted out, and added a conformal coating to the stator coils to prevent breakdown of the insulation.
This, unfortunately, means that pretty much every Kymco 250cc engine, as well as the Xciting 500, manufactured at least up until 2009, *WILL* eventually require the stator to be replaced, unless you get lucky and only use whatever motor oil doesn't end up damaging the stator insulation (something which we have NO information on).  I started having the problems with the bikes after changing the oil (on the 250) and topping off oil (on the 500) with something I had bought at the local Autozone.
This also means that buying a stator on Ebay instead of from your dealer (and waiting for the slow boat from Taiwan to deliver it) is a complete crapshoot, since we don't know when Kymco started producing stators for each engine which have the fix.
Note that I was getting stranded on my XC500 prior to ordering the replacement stator; whenever I turned off the bike, I wouldn't know if it would actually crank over and start!  I actually kept a 2nd fully charged battery under the seat and was hooking it up to the battery tender connecter for jumpstarting in these situations for a few weeks; near the end, simply driving the bike for two hours was sufficient to drain the primary battery (which is new, and being put on a tender each night) to the point where the low battery light was turning on at the end of my trip, which convinced me to stop putting off the repair.
I'll try to post a followup after the repair is done to see if this fixes the "getting stranded" issue; I don't have a lot of time to work on the bike each weekend, and I need to replace the stator, the clutch shoes, and perform a valve adjustment, so it might be a few weeks.  I've had a couple of instances where it simply did not want to turn the engine over (as if it was dead-ending) and I suspected decompression problems, but each time a boost DOES cause the engine to turn over and fire up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:34:08 PM by gwdoiron »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()