Author Topic: 2014 uxv 700i le dust bowl  (Read 799 times)

deerelkalope

• View Profile
2014 uxv 700i le dust bowl
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:17:05 PM »
Love my Kymco! But....we went riding in southern Utah for a week, dust was so bad in the cab we could hardly breathe. We do have a full windshield and plastic enclosed rear cab. Wondering if hard doors would help keep the dust out? I tried covering the base where seats attach and put a blanket behind seats. Still LOTS of dust. Anybody have advice about doors or other tricks to block dust?

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 uxv 700i le dust bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »
riding with a group ?
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:37:03 AM »
    When I have both front and back covered it becomes more dusty inside the cab, with the rear open the dust seems to blow right thru. Fully enclosed cabs are not that well sealed so if your in a real dust storm it is going to get inside. I choose to not ride on those days or keep a greater distance id riding with a group. Be sure you have a good dust mask or risk serious health issues.

deerelkalope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
Dust was 3 inches deep on trail/road, dust seemed to be coming in the sides of the sxs. Didn't matter if we were alone or in a group. Dust was 1/2 inch deep on floorboards. Wondering if doors would help.thanks for the replies!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:56:57 AM »
   Help yes but stop the dust...NO. No way doors can be sealed that tight to keep it out. Not much in a good door kit like your looking for other than custom made, have only seen one company and they were around 2300 for full cab enclosure but won't seal tight to prevent dust from entering. If you think your cab was full of dust....just think how much you breathed in !!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()