Poll

UXV 450i or 700i?

UXV 450i
1 (50%)
UXV 700i
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: May 30, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

Author Topic: Which kymco  (Read 2784 times)

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
Which kymco
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »
Hi everyone.  It's been awhile.  Just looking for some opinions.  I had a uxv 500 in the past but found it to slow too much on steep climbs.  So I bought a rzr570. I recently got ride of it and was looking for something alittle more family oriented. So I was looking into the 450i. Basically had my mind set up.  I've Read a lot of reviews that said it felt better than the 500 etc.  However I just found a 2016 uxv 700with 80 miles for  the same price as a new 450i.  For those of u that have either one of these machines which one would you buy?   I'm kinda leaning towards the 450i because I have a young son that would still squeeze into the middle of the bench seat.  Thoughts?

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
Re: Which kymco
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:11:07 AM »
At our shop here in Missouri, we had so much trouble selling the 700 because of the bucket seats, that we quit stocking them and only stocked the 450. The bench seat is way more family friendly like you stated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I was kinda thinking the same.  However, those extra CCs are hard to get out of my head.   

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »
The 450i has a lot of power, more then I need. It's a great machine. IMO you should definitely try a 450i before you make a purchase. It is an absolute beast in the mud! Good luck with your decision.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
   As a 450i owner I am also favorable to the 450i, one of the reasons I bought it was the bench seat. As an older gent I found the buckets to hard to get in and out of for yard work and chores where a lot of getting in and out is needed. It will be a tight squeeze for 3 of you, I have done it but only for short rides. One of the selling points I found was the number of complaints per 100 units sold by Kymco, it was lower than any other mfgr!!  For what I use my machine for, I think it is great and have NO regrets. I am no speed demon so it has plenty of HP for my needs and it has never refused any hill I have tried to climb..

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 01:30:01 AM »
Cool thanks guys.  I drove a 450 at the dealership awhile back and it seemed like a solid sxs.  I was only able to drive it from one side of the parking lot to the other.  Also drove a 700 that day.  I think the steering felt better in the 450 in terms of bump steer. Ride was similar but hard to tell on the pavement and obviously the 700 had more power. 

Anything you guys don't like about your 450s?   

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
one BIG advantage to the 450 is that it is a few inches narrower and can fit in a long bed pickup

my odometer just rolled past 1000 today, a good share of those miles pulling my 1000lb toe-hoe

RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:04 AM »
Cool thanks guys.  I drove a 450 at the dealership awhile back and it seemed like a solid sxs.  I was only able to drive it from one side of the parking lot to the other.  Also drove a 700 that day.  I think the steering felt better in the 450 in terms of bump steer. Ride was similar but hard to tell on the pavement and obviously the 700 had more power. 

The notchy shifter but I am getting used to it, would like to see the turning rad be a bit sharper but other wise have had no issues, 520 miles in 16 months of ownership.

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »
Ok.  I'm getting closer to a decision.  I'm going to go back and drive each again tonight and see.  Thanks for all the replies.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »

I would add to my last post speaking of towing my 1000lb toe-hoe with my 450i,  on level road and maybe up to 3% slope uphill, I can easily maintain 45mph while towing, as the grade gets to 5%, it slows to 40mph, and at 10% grade, down to 35mph, I don't even think of low gear unless I have 1000 feet or more of 20% grade

that's all towing a half ton

down hill can get a little hairy on a 15%+ gravel road or sharp cornering as the 1000lb trailer weight does tend to push, but the brakes have no problem slowing it down or stopping
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »
    Today I used my 450i to tow my enclosed trailer around to get it ready to be towed by my motorhome. Had to adjust hitch height, test wiring, etc. My enclosed trailer weighs 1400 lbs and the Kymco moved it thru the yard for quite a distance without a single grunt. Of course I used low gear but the machine never hesitated, even handled the 150lb hitch weight with very little squat, hardly noticeable at all.

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »
Good deal.  Again thanks everyone.   

I have one more questions:  what did you guys pay for your 450is? I believe that's going to be the one.  I got a quote out the door for $7889.00. 

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
$7889 sounds high to me, can't really go by what I paid, as I have a somewhat unique situation, I have bartered my services, and the 450i that I bought had damage (scratches& cracks in plastic) that Kymco reimbursed my dealer for, taking even more off the price than my normal discount

a lot depends on the demand, and in my area, Kymco is not accepted competitively when the competing Honda model was only $500 more, (MSRP on the Pioneer 500 was $8499 when I bought my 450i 2 years ago) stickers I see on the Kymco are priced at $7499 before my personal discounts come into play 
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:10 AM »
    Sounds about right, that is what I paid for mine plus extras including roof, plow, winch, mount etc.  Also depends on which state you live in for any sales tax etc. That 7889 sounds about right out the door....with taxes, freight prep etc. Also consider some of the extras Kymco has that you pay extra for on a Polaris...digital dash, 2" receiver. steel cargo box, not,  plastic like some brands, Kymco has a heavier hitch weight rating than many other brands in its size, locking glove box and a list of other small goodies that are extra on other machines.  When I bought mine I did a thorough comparison with a Polaris Ranger mid size, including all the extras and the Ranger was almost 2g higher in price and only had a 6 mo warranty.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 04:10:15 AM »
Yes that is what we sell our 450s for here in Missouri.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()