Poll

UXV 450i or 700i?

UXV 450i
1 (50%)
UXV 700i
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: May 30, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

Author Topic: Which kymco  (Read 2787 times)

Macman

• View Profile
Which kymco
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »
I had a 450, honestly it's a very solid machine.  Will keep up with the 700, same motor and drivetrain that is in the arctic cat 500 SxS if that tells you something.  My only complains where rattles that I couldn't get rid of, and that the factory delivered t with the front differential empty.  Amazing it didn't grenade on me.  Shifter notchiness is no different than the other brands with mechanical shifters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Which kymco
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »
    Empty front diff is definitely a dealer problem as these are to be checked before taking delivery!!

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 02:28:08 AM »
Ok. Thanks again everyone. I went ahead a got a blue base 450i. It was a '16 so it had a little rebate and kymco offers a discount rebate.  I also traded in a Polaris sportsman.  Have to go back to the dealership this week to pick it up.  For those that might be asking the same questions:  I went with the 450 because of a couple things.  It's quieter and runs a lot smother than the 700i.  The steering is a lot more user friendly with less bump steer ( actually didn't feel any in the with the 450) the steering is also a lot lighter. The bench seat was also a plus for me and the higher window nets for my kid makes me feel a little safer.  It just seems like a more refined sxs and there seems to be more aftermarket support due to the artic cat version.  The gearing in this machine also feels better than the gearingthat was in my uxv500. Anyway that's why I picked it.  I'm sure there are others that have different opinions just wanted to share my thought and experience. 

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 10:13:57 PM »
Jasonrbritt what did you ever get??? I love my 450. I do have a few minor gripes. The hood the way it snaps in is cheap. I don't even use my storage under the hood because I know it (the hood) will eventually break. The tabs on the hood that snap into the fixed portion of the hood are cheap. Supposedly this has been address on the 2017. I haven't seen a 2017 in person yet though. Also same goes for the storage compartment in the tailgate. Just a cheap plastic latching mechanism. Some complain about the shifter but hasn't been a real issue for me. The 2017 has a resigned shift control. Next an last thing is the steering/turning. It doesn't turn very sharp. It's not hard to steer or turn though. Just plan on using reverse unless your at speed power sliding it!!! I think a turf model with the option to unlock the rear diff would prob greatly help the turning an steering out. I think that should become standard on all the models.

So taking all that into consideration I'm considering trading my 2015 for a green 2017 UXV 450 turf model!!

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 01:10:09 AM »
Ended up a 16 450i. Really like it so far.  Added a winch and rock sliders.  I also threw a set of 27 tires  glad I went back to Kymco.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:33:18 AM by jasonrbitt »

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »
Glad you are enjoying your 450! I love mine even with the minor gripes I have. Lol check out off road body armor accessories for some good aftermarket options. I have all the accessories they offer minus  the slim roof and a better windshield coming soon hopefully.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »
Jasonrbritt one thing I was gonna point out too was that I think the 2012 UXV 500 model you had I believe those were still carb models then an not fuel injected like the new ones. So that is probably some of the difference you feel with your new 450. I've never compared them but from what I read on here the 450 is every bit as strong or stronger down low as the 500/700 where the 700 takes it in the top end. If the 700 had a bench seat I'd of probably bought one of them. I really think Kymco needs to add a bench seat model to the 500/700 line. Nip away every bit they can from Polaris ranger  and other utilities on the market.

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »
I love my 700, seems to have good power and is pretty quick and fast high end.  Not having the bench seat doesn't bother me at all but I can see where having one would be nice.  Either way I am impressed with the Kymco brand as I took a leap of faith buying a used 2014 700i.  Put some time and a little money making sure everything is in great condition and working order (other than my speedometer which I still haven't figured out yet) and loving every minute of having it.  I sold my cruiser for it (didn't really need to but helped) and so far worth it.

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 01:38:38 AM »
It was a carb model.  In fact, my dad bought one at the same time.  He has been on a lot of trail rides with us and is pretty hard on it.  His is the reason I came back to the brand because of a lack of issues I think all the uxv's are built well it just comes down to preference.

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 03:49:38 AM »
That 450 is a sweet little motor.  Gobs of power for the machine size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()