Author Topic: New to Kymco - valve clearance  (Read 963 times)

knowitall77

• View Profile
New to Kymco - valve clearance
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:18:26 AM »
Just got a Kymco agility 125 with 522 km and attempted to adjust the Valve clearence. What I found was the valve clearences were up to specs and did not need adjustment. Makes me think if this is normal or Kymco don't fall out of specs over the first 1000 miles. The manual recommended an adjustment. Other than that, the scooter rides fine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New to Kymco - valve clearance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
Just got a Kymco agility 125 with 522 km and attempted to adjust the Valve clearence. What I found was the valve clearences were up to specs and did not need adjustment. Makes me think if this is normal or Kymco don't fall out of specs over the first 1000 miles. The manual recommended an adjustment. Other than that, the scooter rides fine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yep,
Most of our owner's manuals say to check valves (and a bunch of othrr stuff....mainly  bolts and nuts, oil change, etc) after the initial 600 miles. Just a new scooter  check over ....then settle into those longer service times.
No, Kymco's don't  need valves checked every 600 miles ....just that first check from new.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()