Author Topic: jiangwayne exhausts?  (Read 2535 times)

westcoastweenie

• View Profile
jiangwayne exhausts?
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »
First time poster here. Picked up a super 9 not too long ago and love it so far! I got it with the intention to build up somewhat, more for reasonable pickup than top speed. With the cdi de-restricted it seems to do 80kph just fine which is all that I feel will ever be needed for me. However when doubling up, acceleration suffers unsurprisingly and things get quite sluggish as soon as any inclines are taken on. If there are any others on this forum from vancouver BC or have been here and can relate. My end goal would be able to manage the speed limit up the second narrows bridge (70kph limit) without getting run down by some lifted ford with a hater pipe. For a more general reference id like to be able to do maybe 65kph up a 3-4% incline with around 300lb of people on board. 

With the background out of the way and diving into the question. From what I've read on the forum, an exhaust and some jetting/ variator tuning should get me to where I want to be. I'd love to dive into a 70cc kit but i really don't want to have to think about premixing fuel on top of the oil pump as the storage bay is almost always filled with items which would not like to have 2 stroke oil in or around them. Has anyone successfully ran their bbk with only the stock oil pump? People on other forums sounded very weary of doing it. With the assumption that it would be a bit risky to skip the premix, starting with an exhaust, jet kit and tune will probably be the way I want to go. Has anyone here had any experience with the jiangwayne expansion exhaust. I have heard one rave review on a forum and nothing else whatsoever on them. Seems to be of decent build quality and its a good bit cheaper than something such as a technigas triops. would love to hear some input if anyone had direct (or indirect) experience with the pipe itself. Also if anyone would just so happen to have a used pipe, jets or rollers in the greater vancouver (or maybe bellingham..) area I'd probably be happy to scoop them up pretty quick  ;)

Here is a link to the exhaust if anyone is curious.
http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=278

Thanks for any help in advance!

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: jiangwayne exhausts?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:34 AM »
I have ran my bbks on my s9s without premixing. Except for break in of the new kit, I've just ran with the stock pump, adjusted open as much as possible. Some tie the pump wide  open. My last malossi lc kit lasted me over 12000 kms by the dash odometer riding in the mountains of western north Carolina year round, sometimes two up, mostly solo wide open 45+mph GPS.
My opinion, pipe won't help much for low end and power for heavier loads. It can help a little, perhaps, but you will have to do a lot of cvt tuning around it. Bbk is the best bet for what you're asking for. And don't use a cheap one unless you enjoy working on it and not even getting the most out of it. Malossi cast iron lc has been a great daily driver for years. And the gains over stock are amazing.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

westcoastweenie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I assume the malossi sport bbk is pretty much the kit of choice for longevity thanks to the fact that its cast iron with dual rings. Is there an adjustment screw for the oil pump? never heard of one brought up in any off the stuff I've read but given what you just said it must have slipped by me. Tied open would make it run rich as hell on oil during anything other than WOT no? seems too simple to work right to me.. but i have been very wrong before.

Also.. Though this has probably been asked before more times than it should need to be, is there anywhere that has good resources on jetting. Im totally new to carbs and have always gone to injection with all my bikes and vehicles. If anyone has some suggestions on a RANGE of jet sizes (since it would probably be impossible to ask for a single size) that would be awesome. I was guessing maybe 95-110 main and 38-42 idle.I dont really get how the needle works and how that would be resized other than "bigger". Would it need to be touched for just a bbk, maybe a pipe in the future.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
hello westcoast, did you say whether your Super 9 was LC or AC?  These scooters are super fun to tweak to run better with pipe, jetting, CVT tuning, etc.  However, I agree with Tries, it's probably never going to pull up hills like you want without 70cc kit.

You adjust the oil pump with cable length.  There is an adjustment for the cable in front of the pump.  Be careful not to have the cable bottom out at full throttle, or you will eventually pull the cable stop off the end of the cable, then you will be running without oil.  Good luck
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

westcoastweenie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
Thanks guys! Exhaust and bbk will likely be on order later this week.
May as well get it all done in one shot I figure. Ill be sure to post here if I get lost with the install or tune and cant find what I need elsewhere on the forum.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
You still didn't say if you have AC or LC engine, would make a difference for me, I did 70cc on AC engine, and would not do that again, will get better results with LC. Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

westcoastweenie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:25:08 AM »
whoops, missed that on accident. Its the lc. Thinking of going with the malossi sport bbk, technigas triops exhaust (would have gotten the trek but didn't see any available in canada and don't want to pay duties) a 90-108 main jet kit, some extra plugs, a roller weight kit and a medium contra spring. I think that covers all bases to start with and should get get me some extra kick. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Super9r

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 11:55:07 PM »
What carb are you running on the 70cc malossi bbk?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2003 Super 9 LC Red and Black Baby!

the_etruscan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 08:42:58 PM »
First time poster here...

... Has anyone here had any experience with the jiangwayne expansion exhaust. I have heard one rave review on a forum and nothing else whatsoever on them. Seems to be of decent build quality and its a good bit cheaper than something such as a technigas triops. would love to hear some input if anyone had direct (or indirect) experience with the pipe itself. Also if anyone would just so happen to have a used pipe, jets or rollers in the greater vancouver (or maybe bellingham..) area I'd probably be happy to scoop them up pretty quick  ;)

Here is a link to the exhaust if anyone is curious.
http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=278

Thanks for any help in advance!

I know this thread is almost a year old, but if you or anyone else is looking for feedback on Waynes pipe let me know and ill post my experience with it. Been using his pipe on my S9LC for years and years and am very happy with it.

cheers !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()