Author Topic: Need New Engine  (Read 984 times)

kylebrose

• View Profile
Need New Engine
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
I bought a 2010 UXV 500 from a friend for cheap that he said didn't go into gear. Started tearing into it and found out that the cases cracked from bevel gear failure. Also since there was no oil in it i believe someone was running it cause the cylinder is damaged and has signs of oil starvation. Does anyone know where I can get another engine without having to buy every piece of this engine from a dealer?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Need New Engine
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:25:51 AM »
     I would think you could order one directly from Kymco already assembled.

kylebrose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 03:12:58 AM »
     I would think you could order one directly from Kymco already assembled.
I tried to go to the dealer and see if they could maybe get an engine from Kymco but I never heard from them and it's been more than 2 weeks. I've called a couple times to talk to the guy who helped me and he's never there when I call. Finding an engine for this thing was way harder than I expected it to be.

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:03:07 PM »
I bought a 2010 UXV 500 from a friend for cheap that he said didn't go into gear. Started tearing into it and found out that the cases cracked from bevel gear failure. Also since there was no oil in it i believe someone was running it cause the cylinder is damaged and has signs of oil starvation. Does anyone know where I can get another engine without having to buy every piece of this engine from a dealer?

had a customers SXS do the same thing. hard abuse and it cracked the case around the bevel gear. you have to replace the case halves in a pair, im thinking the case was around $500 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()