Author Topic: Windshield replacement  (Read 1606 times)

NealE

• View Profile
Windshield replacement
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »
Anyone upgrade to the 29" windshield, if so who did you purchase it from?

MJR

• View Profile
Re: Windshield replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:59:55 PM »
I still have the stock one but there is a guy south of me and he bought the 29" one from https://bikescreen.com/products/kymco-myroad-700i-c-2014 in light smoke and it's tall but looks real nice. I forgot to get some photos last time I was down there.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »
I've been thinking of adding one of these adjustable Puig visor kits to mine. Haven't decided between the less expensive bolt on one or the clamp on one.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:25:00 PM by MJR »
'14 White MyRoad 700i

NealE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »
thanks MJR...do you know if there are any other places to get it? What does adjustable Puig visor kit do? Im brand new to motorcycling so Im still learning the ropes

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
thanks MJR...do you know if there are any other places to get it? What does adjustable Puig visor kit do? Im brand new to motorcycling so Im still learning the ropes

Welcome, there aren't a lot of MyRoad owners here just yet. Where are you from? So far that is the only one I know of for sale but as in the other thread I believe plans like Cee Bailey and Clearview might make custom to order windscreens but you would have to contact them. When I next head down south I plan on taking some photos of his windscreen and modified seat.

The Puig is I believe adjustable in height and rake so you can tune the airflow to what works for you. The clip on you wouldn't have to drill holes to mount it. Here's a thread I ran across on another board which should help. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?295705-Puig-Visor-and-Screen-Mod . On my other bikes (Suzuki Burgman 650's and Aprilia Atlantic 500) I kinda prefer the look of a larger Givi windscreen but the MyRoad almost has an adventure bike feel to me sitting on it (upright narrower front and higher center of gravity) so I think the add on visor would enhance that feel/look to me (also considering some type of hand guards).

That's quite a jump into motorcycling with the largest and heaviest scooter in the US. I really like it's unique futuristic look and it funny that people think I'm a motorcycle cop when I come up from behind them. You can see some of the other posts for a few modifications I have made to mine so far (waiting for some overseas factory turn signal led lights on the front fairing to come from Taiwan, here in the US they just have dummy housings and the mirrors have the lights).
'14 White MyRoad 700i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()