Author Topic: Omg..cdi's for Kymco Agility 50  (Read 1464 times)

Jp6940

• View Profile
Omg..cdi's for Kymco Agility 50
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »
Ok...I've been through 4 different cdi's for my 2007 Agility and none work.
Purchased 2 from scrappy dog (both dc) and neither would start the scoot....just cranks and cranks...
Read up here on the forums and found the "yellow" one on eBay seemed to be one of the better ones so I bought it. Plugged it in and guess what??? Cranks and cranks..
I tried two AC units as well but no luck!!?? Plugged the factory one in and it starts right up!
I am quite sure it's a D.C. Cdi. But why am I having so much trouble!?
Also,
Tried taking the factory airbox off and put a tube with filter on the end. Went with a 90 jet and an 80 jet. Ran like crap.  Is it the turbulence that is caused from the open ended filter??

blue

• View Profile
Re: Omg..cdi's for Kymco Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »
I  found out a 20 mm carb with a 82 or 84 main jet works best with open air box.if you need to block 1\4 of the air box of with something .just dont use tape the sticky stuff will get in the carb.

Jp6940

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:10:24 PM »
What would you suggest on the cdi? I would think that there can be a very large variance with jets depending on where you live and the temp....
Also, in my experience, having an open filter creates too much turbulence and messes with the carb when it sucks in air. you need a long smooth airflow going into the carb so I guess I will stick with the stock intake.  The cdi baffles me though!?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 12:58:01 AM »
Get the original equipment CDI only. If it works, I would stick with it. I have tried several aftermarket "performance" CDIs and coils and NONE of them performed better than the original. Best of luck.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
I would agree with Paul and stay with the OEM cdi that is advertised below at under $20usd.

Unless you are taking your scooter to the Bonneville Salt Flats, I do not think a whole lot may be gained by messing with the advance curve when using a CVT transmisson.
The cdi mod, of snipping a wire to de-restrict the rev limiter is a popular method of gaining a few more rpm, yet it does not mean the engine will last very long at higher revs.

Always verify your jetting is correct when making any sort of WOT runs !
Pistons may become fried in a split second !
redk

jesseg010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 01:23:00 AM »
I too have a DC cdi. I went through many cdis and none worked. stick with the original factory model it cost me $80 but it works.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()