Author Topic: Common issues  (Read 1118 times)

piotrwielki84

• View Profile
Common issues
« on: May 05, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
Hello my name is Piotr from Sweden. tend to drive my bike from where i live to Poland this september and i like to know from all Agility 50 4t owners for experiances about common issues i should think about on the road. like what shoudl i least pack in the bike if something happens on a road.
any tip is valueable so i can prepare for my journey like fuses,oil,tyrerepairkit and drivebelts.
and also what most common issues accure on gility 50 4t i should take extra look on before trips.

thanks in advance

Redk

• View Profile
Re: Common issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 04:54:51 PM »
For emergencies:

A bottle of beer, cell phone with internet capability, change of clothing, a towel, toilet paper, credit card and identification.

If Really serious:
Small, basic tool kit, 1/2 dozen bungee cords/a strap, inexpensive sleeping bag and plastic ground cover.

No one takes off on an extended trip by scooter expecting mechanical failures unless they are willing to be sociable and meet new people in new places.  It is difficult to carry the necessary parts selection to repair a scooter. Better to locate parts stores in advance of the trip.

Will your journey be south, via Denmark, or the northern route through Finland ?
Have fun!
Take many pictures, and ask others to take your picture !!
redk

piotrwielki84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:29:28 AM »
no i drive fron Ängelholm which is northwest Skåne/scania in southern sweden to Ystad in southest part of Sweden and take boat to Swinoujscie me and my pal going to my hometown Miedzyzdroje which is 10km east from Swinoujscie. most i asked was what common issues which this model is just recently changed variator,drivebelt and clutch so it should go much better now. from where i live to the harbour is aroun 130km and the rest of the trip goes by boat.
just want some advice about basic tools i need to bring and spare parts if neccisary at least i can fix on the road til i find a workshop who can fix it proper.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:47:02 AM »
I am quite serious, Piotr.  :-)

OK, how about a can of FlatFix and a tow rope about 6 - 8 meters long.

If the machine is in good enough condition to consider for the trip chances are you will always be able to make it into the next town.

IF you would like me to say purchase an inexpensive set of end wrenches, a small socket set, screw drivers, and a few pliers, tire bars, adjustable wrenches, carry spare oil, coolant, fuel, inner tube, tire, fuses, spare wire and electrical tape, filters, air cleaner...

Gosh, where would the list end ?

If you have a mechanical episode along the way, I'm sure you will be able to buy the tools necessary.
Seems to be a heavily populated area of the continent !  Doesn't it ?
redk

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
The agility doesn`t really have any inherent flaws to it as far as I know.

What I would take:

A toolkit with all the toolheads and a little spanner set like this: , I`ve got one and it basically does all the jobs on my kymco, even did my big bore kit with it!
A set of fuses
Tire repair/plug kit
Jerrycan for extra fuel
Ti-wraps and duct-tape
Some canned food and water in case you get stranded
Oil if you plan on driving more than 2000km`s

Do a good check on your scooter, tires brakes engine belt vario air filter etc etc, if all is good, you should be aswell :)

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
Common issues
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »
I keep a small cheap set of tools, a towel, my papers and a can of fix-a-flat
But i only take 10 hour rides every so often.
You should pack smart! Figure out what you need, and go ahead and try and do maintenance BEFORE!
Also yes get a jerry can! Seriously! Might save your ass!

Sqk
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:12:37 PM by AlexisStarlyn »

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 06:24:44 PM »
Hello Piotr,

I found this, as an example...

http://www.enduringautomotive.com/top-14-tools/

Sry, it's in English, yet should translate...
IMO, Far too many tools to take on a trip, unless you were looking for new places to rebuild your scooter !  :-)

A flashlight !    ...with a spare bulb and 1 extra set of batteries for it.
Duct tape and bailing wire are good to have.
A Swiss Army styled knife for eating with, (Not the one with spoon and fork, though), and a Leatherman type multi-tool are fun to try doing things with...

Gosh, there are SO Many sensible things you could take along...  a tire pump...
You might need a maxi-scooter with trailer to carry all the stuff !

If I were a young person, a pocket full of euros and a warm jacket would be ready-to-go !
redk

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »
I would go with what ThehardcoreFTW recommended. And a roll of toilet paper. Seriously.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()