Author Topic: This is what happens when you dont change your scooter belt(13,000Km Mitsobushi)  (Read 2838 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
That's what mine looked like at when I didn't change it. The cheap belt I put on afterwards looked even worse when it failed a few thousand miles later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

juancuesta

• View Profile
I have put a cheap belt as a temporary  replacement , a "Bando" . Not sure how much will this one last....

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Yow! I would really like to hear about your riding style. 13 km is a pretty short distance to produce this.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

juancuesta

• View Profile
I drive mostly on highgway, about 50 km daily . Average of 100km km/h in every commute

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Sounds like the designer's intended use for a 250-300 cc machine. Bet your CVT ventilation is blocked or limited then.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
I have put a cheap belt as a temporary  replacement , a "Bando" . Not sure how much will this one last....

Bando makes original equipment belts for Honda automobiles. In my experience the automotive belts are quality. Hopefully the scooter belts will prove to be the same for you.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Forbes1964

• View Profile

Bando makes original equipment belts for Honda automobiles. In my experience the automotive belts are quality. Hopefully the scooter belts will prove to be the same for you.
I used a Bando belt on my 2009 Xciting 250 to replace the original. It only lasted 2500 miles. And it shredded beyond recognition. I posted about it about 11 months ago.

However, I bought it off of eBay. So it's possible that it was a counterfeit belt. I then installed a real kymco belt (made by mitsuboshi) . I traded it for my ill fated Yamaha Majesty shortly afterwards. So I don't know how long it would have lasted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Redk

• View Profile
Congratulations !
Looks as though you have gotten the last nickel of value from that belt !
Where did it give up on you ? I heavy traffic? or windy hill roads?

It's generally considered better to inspect and replace when you do notice performance degrading.
redk

juancuesta

• View Profile

I didnt know there's such thing as a Ventilation for this...? If so , where is located??, I guess I have to check this!

juancuesta

• View Profile
Congratulations !
Looks as though you have gotten the last nickel of value from that belt !
Where did it give up on you ? I heavy traffic? or windy hill roads?

It's generally considered better to inspect and replace when you do notice performance degrading.
redk

Driving in the highway , moderate traffic, at about 80km/h The scooter turned off instantly after for some reason .

mousejunks

• View Profile
I do 50km per day, mostly highway. My last belt was a Mitsuboshi/Kymco and I changed it after 20,000km and it still looked good.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()