Author Topic: Info video if you buy the 2017 LIKE  (Read 2160 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Info video if you buy the 2017 LIKE
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »
This was found by our member Vespbretta some time ago.
But if you end up owning one of these new LIKE scooters this how-to video on panel removal is pretty darn cool.
Imagine if they did this for all KYMCO's !!

At 3:52 he uses the Butter Knife Panel Tool which was invented by our Canadian member a few years ago!
(Kymco LIKE valve check on youtube)
Stig
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:48:32 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Info video if you buy the 2017 LIKE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »
Nothing like a little karate chop to separate the floorboard panel. lol

The video is a good reference, but as these bikes ages the plastic deteriorates and I can see some of the forceful manipulation as shown in the video for removing panels will eventual lead to broken tabs and contact points.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:22:17 PM by TroutBum »

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:29 AM »
Awesome !
( I have no operator's manual for my 2007 People 250. )
redk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:22:32 AM »
Awesome !
( I have no operator's manual for my 2007 People 250. )
redk

Check ebay....have seen them there from time to time. ....though some sellers seem to think they're  offering a 1st edition Thomas Hardy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
What a Great video, Stig, Vespbretta !

As I sit before my very first People 250 and ponder the world of plastic !

It would be a valuable project if someone would plagiarize that vid and run a voice-over on top of it, (under the fair-use doctrine, of course), lending support and encouragement to those wannabe kymco mechanics such as myself !  :-)
Those little hook/latch plastic tabs can be broken off SO easily !
redk

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »
Slowly but surely more Information and tests and articles are available online...

Test-Essay in french language
http://www.scooter-station.com/Essai-Kymco-New-Like-125.html
with interesting pictures about the new instrument panel without Noodoe.  :) ;)

Video about test-ride:

One more Link to buy and order:
http://www.rollercenter.de/fahrzeuge.php?id=31257

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:53:10 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:49:59 PM »
Slowly but surely more Information and tests and articles are available online...

Test-Essay in french language
http://www.scooter-station.com/Essai-Kymco-New-Like-125.html
with interesting pictures about the new instrument panel without Noodoe.  :) ;)

Video about test-ride:

One more Link to buy and order:
http://www.rollercenter.de/fahrzeuge.php?id=31257

Thanks Robo!
I did a google translate from the French review. This really is an all new scooter! Chassis, engine, etc. Slightly smaller engine with more power and smoothness. 4 Valves. CBS braking - not ABS but heading in the right direction.
Thanks again for the updates.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:58:08 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 09:56:04 PM »
Cheers,
Robo

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 01:51:08 AM »
First review of the Kymco Like 150i with 150cc and ABS
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/05/31/2018-kymco-like-150i-review-14-fast-facts/

Robo,
Please clarify  from your end.....the new 2018 LIKE coming to the USA actally does NOT have 2 wheel ABS. Rather, it has combined braking does it not?
ABS is commonly  a $500 option on motorcycles.
The $2600 price does not support a scoot with standard ABS.
I will be hugely delighted to discover that I am wrong...and that the new LIKE does have ABS! I suspect the printed review (er) is sadly misinformed.
Your findings?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »
Sorry Tom, but I do not know what your DOT and NTSB regulations are over there in the U.S.A. for new motorcycles. That´s what you might find out easier than me here in Europe.  ;)
I can only say what here in Europe the new regulations are. And these are that the 125cc models now must have CBS,  whereas any models above 125cc must have ABS.
So overhere the 125cc will have CBS and the 150cc therefore will and must have ABS.
But most of the european countries unfortunately will NOT sell the 150cc. They just sell the 125cc. It is not very common here to sell/buy 150cc motorycles. The mainstream trend here is either 50cc or 125cc or 300cc or then even more mith real motorcycles. You know ,above 125cc you need a real and extra driving license for motorcyles overhere. And then people tend to pick motorcycles/scooters with higher cc than just 150cc.

But with a little bit of luck you will get your 150cc Like indeed with ABS also.  :)  8) Why not? Like the new hype America first, why not also safety first!  ;D But I doubt about the price though. USD 2.600,- for the 150i with ABS wouldn´t be too bad, would it?  ;) On the other hand the Like model wasn´t sold too good as there are many leftovers still sitting in the dealers showrooms. They can´t rise prices like crazy.

So maybe Kymco wants to do some image polish of the Like and turn it from a leftover scooter model to a possible scooter bestseller. It´s up to them now to act rather wisely than greedy.

Because the original version of a scooter in form of a Piaggio Vespa is always around the corner also waiting for a new rider....  :D
Cheers,
Robo

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 11:39:01 AM »
Thanks Robo,
Good info - I  did hear rumors  that Europe was going to mandatory ABS  for small scooters. It was unclear to me where the threshold was....
I think I  will phone KYMCO  USA next week and try for some definitive info on our new LIKE  - will it be 125 or 150, CBS or ABS, etc.

On another note....I  think  it is time to get a definitive reply from my wife re. our future riding 2-up on the my Burgman 400. If she really is not going to be comfortable riding on it with me....well, it will be a hard choice for me : sell it and go back to a slightly used NSS Forza 300 ABS, or a new LIKE with ABS.
Rather un-American of me, I  know,  to seek smaller scooter to ride out my days on Earth....but there it is.
The beatifully crafted Burgman gets me to destinations of some distance...even at 70mph on the super-slab highways. But I  don't  enjoy being there.
More fun and relaxing on my LIKE200I on back roads.
I think I  have a too well developed imagination to not consider the unfortnate possibilities of high speed scooter riding. If I'm  not comfortable. ...why do it...and why own such a big scooter?
Probably makes little sense to others.
Ride safe my friend. ..
Tom

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
You´r welcome Tom,
and what you wrote , makes perfectly sense to me. The beautiful all new Like 150i scooter with ABS would highly probable be the best choice for you to ride on and have maximum fun on backroads at relatively low costs.
Not always in life are the big things the best and most beautiful. Sometimes the small things in life are even more sweet and tasty and valuable.  ;) :)

And to be honest, I think you won´t have to ask your wife, you already got the answer, didn´t you...
But I understand it´s not always easy to accept - even the unspoken...

Nevertheless - Enjoy!  :) :D ;D 8)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:44:54 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 01:29:28 PM »
So the new Kymco Like 150i will have ABS!   :D
See video at minute 0:40.  ;)

...or not....  ??? :o But noodoe!

Plus soundcheck.
Overall not so bad news to the ears.  :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:38:21 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()