Author Topic: Daytime running light and LEDs not turning on  (Read 1128 times)

petrarch1603

• View Profile
Daytime running light and LEDs not turning on
« on: April 13, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »
I wonder if anyone has had this problem. When I turn the key to start, the lights remain dark. Normally you'd think this would be a dead headlight, but those LED lights inside the front stay dark too.

The high beams, instrument panel light, turn signals, red back light and brake light and also license plate light all work normally. Its just completely dark up front.

Before I start taking apart things I wanted to see if anybody else might know what's going on?

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Daytime running light and LEDs not turning on
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:31:49 AM »
Check to see if you Head light is on a separate fuse. Not sure, but it's worth looking at.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:35:31 AM »
Opps, you said High beam working, so scratch my above comment. I'd look for a loose plug???

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

petrarch1603

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 03:39:53 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Mac, I'll look into it

petrarch1603

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 02:58:39 AM »
Okay, update on this.

Took everything apart. Turns out both the connections to the LED running lights were popped out.  ???

Plugged them back in and they worked like a charm. Headlight still not working on low beam. Goto Autozone and get a sylvania H4.

Pop that in and everything works.

So somehow there was 3 failures. how odd.

That said, getting to the headlight wasn't exactly easy. Took like a dozen screws to get to it. I've always appreciated vehicles that have easy to change headlights. You never know when you'll be stuck in the rain at night and have to change a headlight. Yes I know you can turn the highbeams on. But still seems like poor engineering when you have to do remove a bunch of items to get to the light bulb.

Okay, rant over. safe riding everybody!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 10:28:44 AM »
Okay, update on this.

Took everything apart. Turns out both the connections to the LED running lights were popped out.  ???

Plugged them back in and they worked like a charm. Headlight still not working on low beam. Goto Autozone and get a sylvania H4.

Pop that in and everything works.

So somehow there was 3 failures. how odd.

That said, getting to the headlight wasn't exactly easy. Took like a dozen screws to get to it. I've always appreciated vehicles that have easy to change headlights. You never know when you'll be stuck in the rain at night and have to change a headlight. Yes I know you can turn the highbeams on. But still seems like poor engineering when you have to do remove a bunch of items to get to the light bulb.

Okay, rant over. safe riding everybody!
Agree 100%.
99% of owners would never complain if manufacturer placed 2 nice chrome screws over light assemblies or bulb covers.
(had a VW Jetta for 25 yrs that had room for one hand, or one oil filter. But not both.  Toss filter down there, then go after it. Coat hanger hook tool to drag it out. Still PO'd at Allies for bombing Wolfsburg I guess..)
Stig
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()