Author Topic: Like Update after being MIA  (Read 1276 times)

NJrider

• View Profile
Like Update after being MIA
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »
Hi All,

Have been MIA for a while luckily it was for a good reason, been getting accustomed to fatherhood!  So on to the like...  This bike has impressed me and I only have 2 complaints other than the tight ergos, but I knew that when I got it.  Complaint 1, is the fuel gauge, thought the bike failed only to realize I was out of gas....  Why do they make full and empty the reverse of most other manufacturers? Second complaint, the top box- it feels cheap for lack of a better term.  This was remedied by switching to a GIVI.  Also got a set of soft side cases from Oxford which I will most likely never use again since touring is not something I plan on using the Like for.
Pics attached.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Like Update after being MIA
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »
I just tell myself when I hit 120 miles on the odometer to fill up. So far it has worked. My complaint is more with the clock. Noon registers 00.00  :-\ The calendar is a joke. Did you know there can be more than 31 days in a month? There are more than 12 months in a year. It's true my Like clock/date features says so.  :o

The top box isn't bullet proof, but so far mine has lasted nearly 5 years with just the rubber gasket seal deteriorating. Makes a mess. Black powdery dust gets on my stuff under the lid. I have since coated the seal with zymol rubber and plastic protector which seems to have worked.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:44:47 AM »
Welcome NJ and congrats on being a father! Your life will never be the same! The Like looks really sharp! I like the anniversary issue paing scheme.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

NJrider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Welcome NJ and congrats on being a father! Your life will never be the same! The Like looks really sharp! I like the anniversary issue paing scheme.

Thanks Mr. Paul,  Life is definitely different now, in a good way though it gives me little if any time to ride the scooter or the motorcycle.

Thanks for the compliment on the scooter, the paint scheme is what attracted me to it initially, but now thinking I may have to sell either the scoot or the bike since I have no time lately.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »
Perhaps sell both and get a maxi-scooter? Best of both worlds and simplifies things. Scooter maintenance is much simpler.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

NJrider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
Perhaps sell both and get a maxi-scooter? Best of both worlds and simplifies things. Scooter maintenance is much simpler.

Thanks, for the advice!   I considered that and am still toying with the idea, problem is the only Maxi scooter that begins to interest me is the Downtown 300.  It's a great machine but does not come close to doing as much as my BMW motorcycle.   I think what will end up happening is I will most likely put the Like up for sale and if I see I am not using the MC for any long trips, I will end up selling that and going for the Downtown.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »
Congrats on brand new child !

So, I guess you will be shopping soon?

Necessity IS the mother of acquisition !
redk

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:37:52 PM by Redk »

NJrider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 01:58:40 AM »
Congrats on brand new child !

So, I guess you will be shopping soon?

Necessity IS the mother of acquisition !
redk

Thanks Redk, funny how in your poking fun you actually came close to my daily driver- a VW Westfalia Eurovan LOL.  As for the camp scooter you posted, I would love one!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()