Author Topic: NOT HAPPY!!!!!!  (Read 1913 times)

dlongo

• View Profile
NOT HAPPY!!!!!!
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »
Really, tire almost falls off first hour. The steering wheel is not straight, the reverse lights don't work and now the thing is leaking gas.  This machine will go back on Tuesday, what's next unsure.  Do you get what you pay for?

Videos of my troubles on my phone if anyone's interested in seeing them. Gas leaking, tire falling off almost.

airshot

• View Profile
Re: NOT HAPPY!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:56 PM »
    Unfortunately it looks like your dealer messed up as these machines need some assembly when they arrive at the dealership. I have faith that your dealer will correct these problems. If he doesn't, there is a phone number on the factory website where you can call directly...I have..and they were very good in getting my problems solved even though mine ere minor compared to yours. Right now Kymco has an excellent reputation for getting repairs done properly but it appears your dealer was in a bit of a hurry and forget to tighten some nuts and bolts.

k9bitten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:35 AM »
Its definitely not a case of getting what you paid for. This is the first negative I've read anywhere on the Internet, not just this forum. Mine has been bulletproof and flawless. I can tell you that dealers often times have very inexperienced guys doing the setup. They might be new and are just learning the ropes. It's not an excuse, but it happens. Give your dealer the chance to make it right. When they tell you it's ready, look it over good and take it for a ride before loading it up. Look for fuel, check the wheels... You know what the issues are, give it a real good look and don't be afraid to question anything.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:13:34 AM by k9bitten »

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
Sounds like the dealer needs to be slapped.  That's all dealer assembly you are referring too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
I have to say, The dealer did the same thing to me, Not assembled very well. My steering also came loose and the diffs were empty.

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »
I hope it's just a fluke.  I just bought a used one and when I got it home I realized it pulls real hard to the right and the speedometer doesn't work.  Going to check front end alignment and see about loose wires.  Hoping I can correct that.

Now I wonder if I should be changing all the fluids??  I am going to change the oil beginning of next week and check fluids I can but as far as differentials and stuff is that something I should change even though I am only at 1350 miles?

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »
I hope it's just a fluke.  I just bought a used one and when I got it home I realized it pulls real hard to the right and the speedometer doesn't work.  Going to check front end alignment and see about loose wires.  Hoping I can correct that.

Now I wonder if I should be changing all the fluids??  I am going to change the oil beginning of next week and check fluids I can but as far as differentials and stuff is that something I should change even though I am only at 1350 miles?

the owners manual calls for replacing diff fluid @ 1200 miles iirc, I'm coming up on that myself

as far as steering pulling on way other other, first thing I check is air pressure in all 4 tires
RandyO
IBA#9560

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
Lotta half-a$$ed dealers all over that need BIG slaps!

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 12:52:21 AM »

Yes definitely get them all changed for your own piece of mind!!  Now is the time to go all synthetic....motor oil and diffs, then you will see some smoother shifting. I switched mine to all synthetic at 300 miles and things work better now. Drop the oil filter and also clean out the oil screen then start over with fresh 10w-30 or 5w-30 full synthetic, just be sure to use a motorcycle or atv oil that is wet clutch compatible.

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »
Since it's automatic, don't you not want wet clutch? I got synthetic atv oil and I will look into changing differential and other fluids step by step. I appreciate the insight!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 02:37:30 AM »
Since it's automatic, don't you not want wet clutch? I got synthetic atv oil and I will look into changing differential and other fluids step by step. I appreciate the insight!

Look inside your service manual, there is a centrifugal clutch inside coming off the main drive going into the primary clutch. manual does call for a wet clutch compatible motor oil. I ran an ATv on straight synthetis motor oil for many years without an issue so I don't know just how important it really is.....just telling you what the service manual calls for..

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
Damn I didn't see that. I just ordered atv oil I guess next time I'll go to motorcycle oil which I was going to do in the first place. Thanks for the heads up!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »
   Your atv oil should be the same as a motorcycle oil which means wet clutch compatable...so you should be fine

dlongo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!  Things are going smoothly now that the dealer has fixed everything.  This is a great little machine and my family and I are having a blast. 

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 10:52:07 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!  Things are going smoothly now that the dealer has fixed everything.  This is a great little machine and my family and I are having a blast.

EXCELLENT !
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()