Author Topic: LC super9 with a 70 kit  (Read 2114 times)

johnyrrr

• View Profile
LC super9 with a 70 kit
« on: April 03, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »
I just installed an Airsal 70 with a Delorto19 (110 main with a pod filter), stock exhaust for the quiet and I am surprised it isn't faster.  Im hitting barely 50mpg at 10k rpm and it doest pull as hard as a AC Zuma with the same kind of setup.  Plug looks good, Ive changed the main jets from 98-125 and the 110 seems best with the pod filter.  I know 50mph is good but I was just hoping the acceleration with the new setup would be better.  It only has about 700 miles and the rest is stock as far as I know, I know the wire has been clipped.  Any thoughts?

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: LC super9 with a 70 kit
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 04:38:50 PM »
need to tune CVT
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

johnyrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »
well, what do you suggest? I took the cover off and there is a lot of belt dust in there for supposedly low miles.  I think I will throw a new one in and maybe a new bushing since someone ground the old restricted one down and its not very smooth in sliding through the variator.  Ive had good luck with Malossi variators in the past.  how heavy ARE THE STOCK ROLLERS, ID LIKE A LITTLE TOP END SO MAYBE A LITTLE HEAVIER, though it looks like the belt is traveling up pretty far?

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 04:35:24 AM »
get the Malossi Multivar it should come with 9gr rollers I believe and maybe a slightly stiffer spring
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 04:38:35 AM »
also when you said just installed kit do you mean just installed kit or just installed and have broken it in properly with 5 or so heat cycles and a couple hundred miles of proper break in throttle position?
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »
lighter rollers should give you better acceleration but not as high RPMS which means not as high tops speed of course but also stock exhaust is tuned for a 50cc engine and 14.5mm carb you need an expansion chamber exhaust that is tuned for 50-70cc or just 70cc to get real power as the exhaust on a 2T is like the cam on the 4T.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »
Also if you want more power without loud exhaust, the Tecnigas Silent Pro or Silent Sport would give you quite a bit more power than the stock exhaust.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

johnyrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »
I was trying to keep the sound down but put the uni filter pod on like a fool, so at this point I might as well through a pipe on it.  I have a new Athena belt coming a new variator bushing and Im going to try some heavier weights to see if my top end improves.  I was hitting 50mph at 10,000rpm.   I have the jetting pretty close and was thinking of trying the stock airbox because the noise is annoying, I hate to start over with the juetting though.. Im at a 110 main now, I wonder what would be compatable with the airbox back on to still achieve 50mph as is?   Its funny but I can cruise at 47ish at half throttle fairly quietly and then if I hold it WOT its only a little faster but is stonking LOUD.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 05:50:21 AM »
I'm not too familiar with running stock S9 airbox as I put bugger carb and pod filter on as soon as I got mine but it may help while you're still running stock exhaust. From what I"ve been told they can be real torquey and have good low end power with kit and stock carb and exhaust  so might still achieve 50ish
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

johnyrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
Athena belt came and was too short, so I put the stock on.  I put in some 10 gm rollers mixed with the stock rollers and am seeing slow acceleration but hitting 52 with my setup up so I guess Ill leave it there for now as I don't just yet want to add a pipe.
Arisal T6
Dell 19 with a pod filter 110 main
Stock clutch, stock variator with stock rollers and 3 10gm rollers
Stock exhaust humming at 10500rpm @52+   good for now

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 03:58:29 PM »
hello johnyrr, a Malossi variator will give you a little more top speed, lets the belt go out a little farther on the pulley, so you get a slightly higher gear ratio.  A Malossi torque driver will give you a little more top speed too, lets the belt drop down a little farther on the driven pulley, again giving you a slightly higher gear ratio for more speed.

My speedo needle goes approx 1 inch pass 50mph/ 80km indicator, so I know I am flying at around 10,000revs.  I bet my 49cc has faster top speed than your 70cc?  Your 70cc should really accelerate hard, your CVT is not right IMO.

Lastly, a final gear kit is the ultimate solution for higher top speed.  I haven't installed one yet, may do it soon.  I got side tracked selling all my Kymcos except the best Super 9 LC I have, less than and 1000 kms and in very good shape.  It's still OEM, but I have all the goodies to make it fast, except 70cc kit.  You don't want final gear kit on 49cc, not enough HP to pull the higher gear I have read.

I also got a Honda Reflex, and love it, but only need one scooter, so I am planning to sell it and keep the Super 9 LC to hop it up.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 06:03:18 PM »
Can't believe Chaz sold the People to someone other than me. Yeah you got some work to do in your CVT bro get a roller tuning kit and play with weights also the final gear is very rare and not cheap at all for the LC S9 I know a guy in Michigan who has one and I'm trying to weasel it out of him as I had a Stage6 gear from him on my AC Like and it definitely made a difference. Not sure if I'll be able to get him to sell it though offered 150 and he won't take it. Stage6 used to make pipes for the S9 but not anymore seems like probably the best high revving pipe out there will be the Tecnigas Triops I will probably buy one this summer to replace my Tecnigas NextR course by this time next yr I plan on have a Italian Minarelli 70cc LC beast on my S9 body with racing internals and cast kit 70mph daily beast.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

An Error Has Occurred!