Author Topic: New to me kymco 125.  (Read 1209 times)

riadat

• View Profile
New to me kymco 125.
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:53:28 PM »
I have owned a lot of scooters and recently traded in my kymco compagno 50i for this new agility 125.

I have never owned a 125 cc scooter before and this one certainly has much more pep than my 50i.

It reminds me of some of my 50 cc 2 stroke scoots for power and the overall impression reminds me the most of my honda elite sr.

Build quality is not the best but good enough.  The motor is just awesome.  And the size and ride are quite good.

I think i paid 2100 bucks for this thing brand new and it comes with a 2 year warranty. 

I don't have a motorcycle endorsement but im taking practice written tests and studying the manouvers you have to do here in usa for the motorcycle driving test. 

If i could go back in time to my old self and give myself one piece of advice it would be to buy a 125 cc scooter even though it is just for in town use. 

Also i wish that you did not need a motorcycle license for a scooter less than 130 ccs and that they really did restrict scooters to say 45 mph not 30.  Just imagine how much safer in traffic all scooter riders would be if they could keep up with cars and climb hills.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: New to me kymco 125.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:44:53 PM »
You bring up some good points. I have had my agility 125 since 2012 and I love her. The bike is quiet and just loves to go. You will have some minor issues, but nothing too major.  Taking your skills test for your M class endorsement is easy. As long as the DMV does make you use a motorcycle you will be fine. You might think you will use your 125 for getting around town. This is not true. My bike here in Vegas has been everywhere. She has gone out to the Pioneer Saloon in Good Springs, NV. She has been up to Mount Charleston as well as Overton in the Lake National Recreation area of Vegas. She has been even out to Boulder City and Hoover Dam a bunch of times. My bike just love to go.

At the moment my bike needs front and back brakes. After she needs a new bright light. Other then this, my bike has had really no major issues that could be fixed by my motorcycle mechanic friend.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
I'm looking forward to warmer weather in Wichita, Ks.  Been rainy and windy for weeks.

I think technology and manufacturing have come a long ways.  Even the chinese stuff these days can be very good quality and if you get through the break in period and so forth and have a warranty, the 125 should serve well.

There are some small towns and back roads and we live pretty close to Derby, I could see me and the wife taking a short trip somewhere on this scoot, im sure it will do at least 45 mphs with 2 of us.

I bought a cheat sheet online for kansas motorcycle test and doing some free online tests and watching youtube videos of the driving portion.

Been riding scooters 30 years this one is only a little faster and otherwise no different.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »
Congrats on your new scooter !
Glad to see you are having fun with it.

Purchase of a newer, larger model with increased capability is better than expensive performance parts, IMO.

IMO, motor vehicle regulation is little more than an impediment upon the citizenry. Another tax & fee grab.
Competency testing has little bearing when accidents may happen to any person, at any time.
More often to a hi-risk personality type individual.

Here on the Left Coast, a 6 month solo permit is granted upon completion of the written test.
During that time you may arrange for a riding test in the DMV parking lot to show low-speed maneuver ability, and RX the full license, and carry a passenger.
There is an option to attend a $250usd riding school. Graduation certificate will forego the riding test at the DMV and may bring a lower insurance cost, from those sort of people, which is demanded by State.

Perhaps one day I shall type in my ridiculous MC testing story, for entertainment.  lol
redk

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »
I agree it is a scam.

Actually here in Kansas u can't ride a motorized bicycle on the road legally.  Not unless the bicycle was built that way like a solex.  So you can't get a small motor kit and throw it on a bicycle and ride it on the street.  Why?

Because you can't control it, tax it, and have power over it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()