Author Topic: Shocks Spring preload question  (Read 1260 times)

Brik

• View Profile
Shocks Spring preload question
« on: March 31, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »
Okay team - My daughter's scoot is back in my garage for a while. I took it for a test ride, fun ride, the other day. I kept scraping the center stand on the right side whenever I would make a right turn. I'm a big guy. I checked the rear springs and they were set at the lowest preload setting.

The manual I have shows three positions. When I turned them it seemed like there were actually maybe 6 positions. I turned them up to the highest notch (yeah, I'm fat okay). I haven't had a chance to try that yet due to the weather turning ugly.

My question - Do some springs have more than the 3 notches shown in the manual? I assume I should be okay in the highest notch. If not, pls let me know.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Shocks Spring preload question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
 what ever is on your scooter , that is what you play with,  the downtown has 5 settings

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 05:25:10 AM »
what ever is on your scooter , that is what you play with,  the downtown has 5 settings

I set my springs at 5 ,,, I my wt. is   220 and setting feels right

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:25:18 AM »
I believe it is 5 or 6 clicks.  I used to run fully soft and hit the center stand everywhere (I'm 160lbs).  To solve the problem I keep it at the tightest setting as too soft reduces cornering clearance and adds little to the comfort of the ride.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()