Author Topic: Kymco Agility or Kymco Super 8?  (Read 4083 times)

greagle

• View Profile
Kymco Agility or Kymco Super 8?
« on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:37 AM »
I got a quote for a Kymco Agility 50 2017 model for $1.6k but they are pushing the Super 8 for $200 more. I had a Kymco Agility for 5 years (ran her hard) and it was worth the money. The ending price from this retailer for the Agility is about $2.1k for freight, taxes and other.

Is the extra $200 worth it in the long run?   Is it a better scoot or is it just design (cooler design)?

Thanks for the heads up if anyone has any information. I plan on buying in about 2 days.

Thanks
B

ronigj

• View Profile
    • Super 8 Philippines Motorcycle, Club Inc.
Re: Kymco Agility or Kymco Super 8?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:29 AM »
Hi I am from the Philippines i have a Kymco Super 8 125cc for almost 6 years and 6 months now still kicking and love it just recently change the brake lever and brake shoe. Here is the model in the model released in the Philippines
Super 8 150cc

Kymco Agility RS Naked LED 125cc

'If you don't mean it, don't say it.'

Tseg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »
I'll offer up the only difference between the two (in the US) is styling and what might be perceived as slight cosmetic upgrades, like tires, wheels and dash.  I bought a new old-stock Super 8 out the door a few months for over 10% less than you are referencing for the Agility (destination charges waived due to it being old stock).   However, 3 months ago my dealer had about 6 pieces of 2015 and 2016 new old stock and just recently noticed it is all gone.  My son (shown on his inaugural ride up and down the street - apologies for no gloves, he just wanted to hop on it) was all about the styling of this one (even over a Ruckus and Zuma) whereas the Agility looks like... a scooter.  I've since removed the Kymco decals from the side-skirts... looks much better.

greagle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:28:51 AM »
I appreciate the post - Since I have a Kymco Agility 50 that has less than 2000 miles on the engine (2013 model) I decided to go with the Agility. The cost to fix the (stolen/broken) 2013 outweighs the cost of a newer one, so I have a 'part' bike now. If I was going to trade it in on the purchase, probably $300 at best.

In Indiana you have to license and title/register scoots along with getting an endorsement on your ID if you don't have a drivers license, so I went ahead and did that for the broken one and the new one. At least they are on the books.

Other than that ... I have a few questions that I will ask in separate and appropriate threads.

Thanks
GE

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()