Author Topic: Screech on take off?  (Read 374 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
Screech on take off?
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
I've just remembered something I was going to ask.

When I was out for my Sunday run all was fine until after about 100 miles when I had to stop at a junction. On take off there was quite a large screech from the back end (the bike's, not mine).

I tried slowing right down to almost falling over pace over and over again and it wouldn't repeat itself. The next time I stopped however, the screech came back when I  took off again.

When I stopped for lunch for about half an hour, the screech stopped altogether for the rest of the trip home. So it only seems to happen when it's hot.

I took the bike up to work the next day (just a short 10 mile hop) and despite stopping at multiple junctions in town it wouldn't make the sound again.

It sounds a little like a loose car fanbelt, so I guess the finger of suspicion points to the drive belt (which is 3000 miles / 2 and a half years old)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Screech on take off?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »
Sounds like mine. About same mileage/miles (mine might have been closer to 4000 miles). It was the belt.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()