Author Topic: Bigger carb or bigger jet?  (Read 1749 times)

dude

• View Profile
Bigger carb or bigger jet?
« on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:39 AM »
Have a stock 2014 agility and soon getting 2000rpm clutch springs, molossi variator, 6-7grm dr pulleys, shorty muffler.

I'm looking to be able to hit hills. Not worried about top speed.

Should I get a bigger carburetor or bigger jets?

Any advice is much appreciated!

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger carb or bigger jet?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Neither mod will help if the rest of the engine is stock.  You'll be very unhappy with the result!  Leave it the way it came from the factory except for de-restricting the CDI for a slightly higher max rpm and top speed.

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
The Malossi Multivar (5,5gr rollers, 6-7gr sliders) worked great for me, combine it with the white torque spring you get with it. Really seems to do good on hills.

As for jetting: #82 worked best for me.

dude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
Ok, so this is what's confusing me. A lot of people say these upgrades are great and some say pointless. I've also read that the 2014 agilitys don't have a restricted cdi like the earlier models that you can hack into. I haven't ordered parts yet so any info is greatly appreciated by those who have had good results from these mild mods.

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
CDI didn`t change much for me imo, added a bit of gas-response and about 10km/h higher top speed (as it sets the rev limit from +-8500 to +-9500).
 Don`t know if it`s possible to mod the stock CDI for a `14 model. If you really want to: Just buy a `sport` one. Not recommended though.

The jetting mod gave me a good amount of extra torque, lets say about 20% more. The engine, stock, is just running way too lean. Downside being that you use just a bit more gas (but it`s fairly negligible).

The Multivar was the biggest upgrade for me personally, difference like night and day with acceleration and I even got 4km/h extra top speed!

mury

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:03:32 AM »
How many mm is the jet at Agility ???? 4,5 or 6 mm. ???

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:26:14 AM »
I had a stock 07 agilty and all I did was put a stock 20 mm carb and open air filter on it. with 5.5 Rollers And I got 40 to 45 up hills and pushing past the needle on flats.Back then you had to cut the cdi box. For more rpms. I my self don't care for sliders. Last for 11000.00 miles on it tell I hit a big pot hole and cracked the motor. At that time I just replaced the motor.

dude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
Thanks for all in input! Oh and I believe the stock jet size is m5, I don't know about mm though
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:23:23 PM by dude »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »
Thanks for all in input! Oh and I believe the stock jet size is 5mm

Not to sure if jet sizes are in mm size. sounds big. I could be wrong...I went from a 82 stock set to a 84.just up 2 sizes.

mury

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
Yes 5 mm. is ,now i have a problem with carb and i will probably have to buy a new one, i have found in BG 20 mm, here they give for GY 6-80 cc

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 12:06:11 AM »
Go up a size in the carb If you have to get new.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()