Author Topic: British Summertime  (Read 612 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
British Summertime
« on: March 26, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »
....officially starts today!

We all got an hour less in our beds because of the clocks going forward, but that's ok...because winter is OVER! (well, maybe :-))

There's still some snow on those distant hills though

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: British Summertime
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
Really great pictures!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
Thanks CB!

I'm feeling the mandatory social media urge to share one's lunch with the world. I dunno why, but it just seems the done thing.

So, one cheese and ham hot panini. Wrapped, wrapped and wrapped again and kept cosy under the seat of the DT. Still hot after an hour and a half...... Oh, and a flask of tea. I need my cuppa. Not too much though, otherwise you'll be looking for a toilet. Luckily though, at my age, I've found it wise to make a mental note of every friends house, public convenience, layby, discreet bush, tree etc etc on your planned route :-)

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »
I'm still playing around with the onboard camera and various editing packages etc, but I had to share this very short snippet with my Kymco friends...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_WxvFqh9k&feature=youtu.be

The sod made me jump out of my skin when he went past - and I knew I checked my mirror 2 seconds before, so he must have been going at a fair old lick.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »
Makes me want to get out and ride.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 05:03:43 AM »
..... Oh, and a flask of tea. I need my cuppa. Not too much though, otherwise you'll be looking for a toilet. Luckily though, at my age, I've found it wise to make a mental note of every friends house, public convenience, layby, discreet bush, tree etc etc on your planned route :-)

;D ;D ;D ;D
Good, I'm not the only one with the same affliction. I love tea, but I really have to time out my potty stops afterwards. The tea is worth it, though.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 05:23:01 AM »

Canadian spring time !!!!   2 days of freezing rain one more to go, Tue., no rain,  roads washed and I am on the road again., just above freezing again,  + 4 C. where in heck are the spring flowers!!! under 4 feet of snow yet,. 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 06:26:54 AM »
These are great pictures. Here in the States we sprang forward two weeks ago. Even Vegas is getting a mixture of spring and summer. Last week was nice with temps in the 80's. This week we had rain, wind, and temps in the 60's. This is how March is in Vegas.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 05:43:33 PM »
Here's a quick five minutes of my run out last Sunday - it's mainly for Stig to demo my onboard camera I mentioned in the other thread.

The clip is unmodified (mainly because other than clipping a segment out, I don't know how to :-))

The camera is mounted behind the screen on the plastic 'dashboard' using the mount and the sticky pad that came with it.

I should add that it's much better quality on the actual SD card - maybe I need to change some settings
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:45:31 PM by Snorvey »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()