Author Topic: MotoGP  (Read 4185 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
MotoGP
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
Anyone follow it?

The world's. premier motorcycle racing class goes under the floodlights in Qatar this weekend for the season opener with factory entries from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati (the 218mph Ducatis!), Aprillia and KTM.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/01/23/2017-motogp-calendar-confirmed/218151

23rd of April they're in Texas. 27th of August they're in dear ol' Blighty.

Turn it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4BSkR5I_rk

MotoGP California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY9mrKR5SkA
Luv it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:56:52 PM by Snorvey »

Snorvey

• View Profile
Re: MotoGP
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:08:25 AM »
Well, for the record, it was a very good race - when it (eventually) got underway.

...but it looks like for it to be called a true World Championship, it needs to have all it's races in the US, with maybe a token event in Canada or something :-)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:24:37 AM by Snorvey »

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:34:17 AM »
The US of A this weekend and the 'Circuit of the Americas'.

We'd go, but Texas would appear to be only a one star state and the wife demands nothing less than 4 star accomodation these days.

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
I LOVE MGP and its support races. Have been to one-star state for F1 and WEC and plan to make a MGP someday. Watching MGP bikes move through the back esses will be a treat indeed. COTA is a beautiful venue.
I'm waiting for the one-star state to lose the race (and others?) when they quit receiving state support and have to run without the people's tax money. Attendance for some pretty big international events is not large enough for the investment, I fear. From my west coast vantage point, the one-star state doesn't have enough draw to sustain ongoing international race series for the long term. Austin is fun with music and meet-eating but that may not be enough to encourage people to return regularly and pay the ticket prices. BTW, Austin and COTA are not inexpensive places to visit. Prices are right in there with anything we have on the west coast.
Maybe MGP will return to Laguna Seca (hopefully!). Back to its natural home. There's a great deal to do within 5, 10, 25, 100, 200 & 300 miles of the track.
The USA is pretty provincial when it comes to international norms (metric system, national health insurance. "Football". many forms on non-circular motorsport, etc.). However, I'm proud of our leadership in many areas over the decades (social security, groundbreaking freedoms for minorities, environmental leadership, public education and universities, public parks, etc.).
Enough from me, already...
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
I like COTA (from a TV point of view) but Laguna Seca is the absolute mutts nuts. It should be reinstated immediately.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:16:46 PM »
2006 MotoGP World Champion and Daytona 200 winner, Nicky Hayden (aka 'The Kentucky Kid') is in an Italian hospital in an induced coma after being hit by a car whilst out cycling.

Bloody cars.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:26:00 PM by Snorvey »

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
Nicky Hayden sadly passed away today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/39972058

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()