Author Topic: EBC brake pads for Like at significant savings  (Read 1069 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
EBC brake pads for Like at significant savings
« on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
I checked the Kymco Parts Monster website and they want approximately $36 each for front and rear brake pads. I went to the EBC website for the P/N for the Like. Found them on Amazon for roughly $23 each. The P/N I got was SFA305HH and SFA197HH. That's a significant savings and for better brake pads.

The part numbers for our Like 200i are:

Front: SFA305, SFAC305, SFA305HH
Rear: SFA197, SFAC197, SFA197HH

SFA = Organic, SFAC = Carbon, SFA HH = Sintered

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: EBC brake pads for Like at significant savings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »
Thanks TroutBum!  :)
That´s really good information. EBC is good stuff with many press awards over the years. And with the sintered pads one definately can´t go wrong. Will order them too when time has come.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:45:31 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »
I use EBC. Good brakes.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 01:04:01 AM »
Thanks Trout,

Kinda confusing on my end. Rec'd my 2 sets of pads yrs ago (from partsmonster I think), when I bought my LIKE200i.
I have the USA made Sintered 305's for the front, and the SFA228 "Heavy Duty Urban Formula" for the rear (made in the U.K.).

The bleedin' U.K. EBC web book lists the SFA228 for the front of my 200iLX!!

Now, add to this > the cyclepedia images show the rear set going on both the front and the rear wheels!

So, finally figured out that I have a good pair of sintered pads for the front, and lower grade pads for the rear - if I ever even need a new set of brakes. ...because mine look barely worn after 12,000 miles.

Since most of the stopping comes from the front - maybe that explains partsmonster send this combo.

All I know is this - the standard issue KYMCO pads combined with the braking system of this scooter will throw you over the dadgum handlebars if you grab too much. They are terrific brakes!

This whole goofy thing gave me a headache.
I've bled the brakes twice in 4 years of ownership....the pads look good. I'm just going to forget brakes for awhile.
Stig
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:05:48 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 11:21:19 AM »
Oh yes! Just recently recognized again how good they really are... Was driving fast through town at approx. 40 mph I had to come to a quick full stop due to an ambulance car approaching a junction. I was 3rd in traffic. First car abruptly stopped, second car almost hit first car with smoking and squeaking tires and me in 3rd place - not as concentrated as I should have been - grabbing late also these 2 brake levers ambitiously with blocked rear wheel and luckily  could make it "safely" to a full stop also behind 2nd car.  8)
I deerly love the strong 2 discs brakesystem of the Like. I really do.  :)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »
Oh yes! Just recently recognized again how good they really are... Was driving fast through town at approx. 40 mph I had to come to a quick full stop due to an ambulance car approaching a junction. I was 3rd in traffic. First car abruptly stopped, second car almost hit first car with smoking and squeaking tires and me in 3rd place - not as concentrated as I should have been - grabbing late also these 2 brake levers ambitiously with blocked rear wheel and luckily  could make it "safely" to a full stop also behind 2nd car.  8)
I deerly love the strong 2 discs brakesystem of the Like. I really do.  :)

See, if we had ABS you could have just closed your eyes, grabbed a handful of brakes, then finished your apple strudel.
No drama.....
ABS was invented by a day-dreaming German scooter rider.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »
Amazon sent my order separately. The first set of pads arrived about a week and a half ago with the second package arriving a few days later. But they didn't send brake pads. To my surprise I received a facial cream by Lancome Paris.  :o  ;D I quickly contacted Amazon and today received the correct item. How they confused facial cream for brake pads I'll never know. My wife appreciates the error.  ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »
Amazon sent my order separately. The first set of pads arrived about a week and a half ago with the second package arriving a few days later. But they didn't send brake pads. To my surprise I received a facial cream by Lancome Paris.  :o  ;D I quickly contacted Amazon and today received the correct item. How they confused facial cream for brake pads I'll never know. My wife appreciates the error.  ;)
Lancome ?
Wow, that's good stuff.
Nice find!
I bet if you'd ordered pads for a Harley you wouldn't have received the Lancome.....
Just sayin'
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:15:51 AM »
lol

Now I'm curious what they would send. maybe I should place an order just to see.  ;D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 01:11:37 PM »
As scooter owners, the marketing world has us all on a whole 'nother page in their "Book of likely interests..."

This is not something a scooter rider in Paris. Madrid or Rome has to deal with.

I'm OK, you're OK Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()