Author Topic: KYMCO warranty extended to 36 months  (Read 2752 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
KYMCO warranty extended to 36 months
« on: March 17, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »
From the KYMCO web site:
Buy a new left-over 2015 or 2016 scooter .....
"Extended Warranty Included With Any 2015 Or 2016 Kymco Model
purchased March 1, 2017 through April 30, 2017

You always get more with KYMCO USA. Extended Warranties are included with the purchase of any new, unused 2015 or 2016 year model KYMCO motorcycle, scooter, ATV or side-by-side. All qualifying units sold between March 1, 2017, through April 30, 2017, will include an additional year of warranty at no cost to the consumer. In this program, the factory warranty and K.E.P.P. extended warranty are, full coverage, excluding normal wear items.

Off Road Model Years 2015 & 2016 = 24 months (i.e. 6 months factory warranty + 18 months K.E.P.P. = 24 months)

On Road Model Years 2015 & 2016 = 36 months (i.e. 12 months factory warranty + 24 months K.E.P.P. = 36 total months)"

A good deal if thinking of picking up a left-over 2015/16 model in the coming few weeks.
Stig

G-Dink 300iABS
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:18:03 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO warranty extended to 36 months
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:33:26 PM »
Thats a great deal for new Kymco owners. My 2014 MyRoad 700i has a two year factory warranty, first year parts + labor, and second year parts only. When I was talking with the lady at the Sym dealer she said they have a two year warranty here but in Europe they are now offering up to a 5 year warranty (over 120cc).
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:15:10 PM »
I would guess it's safe to say that you are fond of Burgers, right MJR. Hee Hee, they are nice. Concerning the picture of the G Dink 300iABS control panel. Could not help but notice that it has a RED LINE at 8K and higher on the tact. My DT 300i has NO red line????????? Was that an omission thru manufacturing or is it good up to 12K?

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 06:23:47 PM »
I would guess it's safe to say that you are fond of Burgers, right MJR. Hee Hee, they are nice.

Yup I have a few, nice to have spare bikes to ride. :)

Concerning the picture of the G Dink 300iABS control panel. Could not help but notice that it has a RED LINE at 8K and higher on the tact. My DT 300i has NO red line????????? Was that an omission thru manufacturing or is it good up to 12K?

Maybe likely with the CVT setup it would never get to that point of yours?
'14 White MyRoad 700i

AylmerFreerider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:36:28 AM »
Does this apply to ones purchased outside of the USA?
2015 Super 8 50R
72cc BBK
Polini Hi-Speed with stock boss and 6.5gr rollers
Naruko 1000RPM White Spring
Technigas Silent Pro Exhaust
3 x 1" Air Filter additions to Air Box

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:47 AM »
Does this apply to ones purchased outside of the USA?
Perhaps....or might be tactic to move Kymcos in the USA only.
Best to check your countrie's KYMCO web site.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
I guess the only tactic here is to get rid of the left-overs for the full regular price...
This offer might be interesting for people who depend on dealers service and repair shops anyway.
For us DIYers this is probably more a binding annoyance which ties us to the dealer over a longer period of time and keeps us away from working on our scooters ourself.

Imho Kymcos warranty regulations are a total desaster, because it´s different everywhere all around the world.
Even in Europe we do NOT have a europeanwide warranty validity. Every single little european Country has its own regulations and restrictions.
It is simply laughable.

But fortunately Kymco scooters are pretty reliable and rarely do have warranty cases.  :) ;)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
I guess the only tactic here is to get rid of the left-overs for the full regular price...
This offer might be interesting for people who depend on dealers service and repair shops anyway.
For us DIYers this is probably more a binding annoyance which ties us to the dealer over a longer period of time and keeps us away from working on our scooters ourself.

Here in the US we are not required to have the dealer service the bike, all we have to do is keep track of when it's done and receipts for the parts because we are protected by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

"Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty"

Also on the flip side if they can prove that a modification, aftermarket part, or was poorly done by someone else they may deny coverage for a failure caused as a result of but they cannot blanket void the warranty only the failure. Warranties are only blanket voided in most cases if it was reported as a salvage title and sometimes even they can be restored through a manufacturer inspection occasionally.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:45:53 PM by MJR »
'14 White MyRoad 700i

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »
@MJR
Thanks for that clearification. So then your situation is way better than ours in Europe.
We must - must - must bring the scooter to the dealer or some other accredited legal bike service shop for maintanance to retain the warranty.
But we also have 2 valid parallel existing warranty models over here.
I don´t know exactely how to explain it in English but I will give it a try.

Firstly there is a 2 year consumer protection warranty by law and government (warranty of quality sort of).
This warranty is only strong for the first 6 month, afterwards I have to prove that the failure didn´t occur because of me and my mishandling the scooter, but was rather already existing right from the beginning when I bought it. So after 6 month it could be pretty tough to prove your innocence and you might need a surveyor in a law suit....the costs herefore are quickly way over what the scooter is worth.

Secondly there is the warranty from the scooter manufacturer which exists parallel to the described above.
But this manufacturer warranty is always totally voluntary and can be worded freely (terms and conditions) however the manufacturer wants it to have.
And here they always(!) claim very strongly 2 things: 1. Regular vehicle maintanance from a Kymco dealer as needed and 2. Any repairs/tuning must - must - must be done by a Kymco dealer. Otherwise this voluntary manufacturers warranty is null and void immediately.
And these terms and conditions for warranty you have to sign when you pick up the new scooter from the dealer...

In other words, over here, if you get a 36 month warranty, that means you are "married of necessity" with your Kymco dealer for at least the next 36 month. And in this time he for sure will rip you off.
Or in other stronger words: Warranty is only strong and good for the first six month, but after that, you are under certain circumstances heading towards "open water" with unclear outcome.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:53:49 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
I bought my LIKE200i as a replacement bit of transport for my 25 yr old Jetta GL mit der lovely crank metal sunroof. Loved that car.
Had commuted on a Honda motorcycle  in Massachusetts. ..so was aware of minor inconvenience of frozen winter commutes. No worries, city bus and wife would get me in the vicinity of my employ.....worst case scenario.
An economical commuter vehicle....the scoot.
Then I  asked the service supe the price of that "most important in the total life of your scooter!" 600 mile service.
He dutifully pulled it up on his Dell, printed it out and handed it to me while looking somwhere off towards.....Idaho?
$368.00 USD American.
I took the paper home, hid it from my wife....and bought the lifetime Cyclepedia subscription!
Good scooter.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 01:09:30 AM »
I  asked the service supe the price of that "most important in the total life of your scooter!" 600 mile service. He dutifully pulled it up on his Dell, printed it out and handed it to me while looking somwhere off towards.....Idaho?
$368.00 USD American.
I took the paper home, hid it from my wife....and bought the lifetime Cyclepedia subscription!

There is no way I could afford all my scoots, Jeeps, and truck without me being able to repair/service them myself.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()