Author Topic: How much are Kymco 50's out the door?  (Read 455 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
How much are Kymco 50's out the door?
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »
I was looking at some Kymco 50's at my local dealer and was not impressed with their prices - but then my dealer has a reputation for not dealing on anything.

Before I would pay anything near $2000+ to get out the door with a Kymco 50 I'd sure be looking hard at these two scooters..... both of which would probably last a couple of decades and give reliable service. And there are a lot of lightly used ones around, although these do hold their resale prices well.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
Re: How much are Kymco 50's out the door?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
I was just over at the local scooter shop in Huntington Beach yesterday where they carry Sym and Genuine scoots. I didn't the look much at the Genuine ones but I was pretty impressed with the quality appearance of the Sym scoots.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »
Before I would pay anything near $2000+ to get out the door with a Kymco 50 I'd sure be looking hard at these two scooters..... both of which would probably last a couple of decades and give reliable service.
Sure would miss a front disc brake . . and the relative simplicity of a fan-cooled carburetor engine.

Chicago Scooter Company, which appears to be "limited line" option compared to Genuine, is offering a naked handlebar variation.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »
I was just over at the local scooter shop in Huntington Beach yesterday where they carry Sym and Genuine scoots. I didn't the look much at the Genuine ones but I was pretty impressed with the quality appearance of the Sym scoots.
Agreed, really liked the SYM's when I inspected the full line a couple of years ago. Only problem was that the 'showroom' floor was a garden shed of the defunct local SYM dealer, next to an HVAC company. He had one of each, but the service guy was long gone, as was the shop and saleslady.

Would likely be riding a SYM if my local big-store dealer had had them on the floor along with his Kymco's and all the Japanese brands.
A good scooter - apparently with dealer & parts support little better than internet-scooters-in-a-box-to-your-driveway brands. Maybe some parts of the country still have good SYM support - like SoCal?

Neighbor has such an internet 250, which he keeps trying to sell at a Honda price. No takers. Actually not a bad looking scooter for an internet-driveway-boxer.

A shame about the SYM. Nice looking scooters.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tseg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 09:04:02 PM »
My dealer where I got a Super 8 had new old stock Agility 50's for under $1300 out the door (+ tax).  Current model year is +300 for destination/shipping charges

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()