Author Topic: 3 years of sitting - Need carburetor part number  (Read 4706 times)

jesionowski

• View Profile
3 years of sitting - Need carburetor part number
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »
My 2009 Agility 125 has not  run in three years. Going to attempt to restart it this Spring.  New Battery, New Gas New Spark plug, New Fuel filter, New Carburetor.

Does anybody know the part number of the carburetor? If its around $30 might be easier to replace rather than clean.

Also is YTX-7A -BS  the correct battery. I cant find my original one, took it out last year and lost it.
Igonorance is never better than knowledge

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: 3 years of sitting - Need carburetor part number
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »
I just looked it up on parts monster and the number is indeed YTX7A-BS .

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 04:23:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum jesionowski. 99% of all your Kymco questions can be answered here. This forum is a MUST for any Kymco vehicle owners. Let us know how your start up proceeds. Ride safe    Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
Click parts icon at bottom of Kymco website.

Optional carb resource.

Try clearing carb jets first.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
I would recommend you try to clean the carb yourself. Its not really that difficult and there are a lot of instructional videos. Just look up gy6 carberator cleaning.  If however you would rather purchase the carb the number is 1610K-LDF7-M30. Its about a hundred bucks at Kymco Parts Monster. I would really try to clean it first though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:46:13 PM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 08:47:36 PM »
If you need a new battery I suggest buying a gel one. One of my friends hooked me up with his buddy. He sold it to me for $25. Gel batteries last longer than conventional ones.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »
I would certainly give it a try before purchase of a new unit !

And, a few minutes of youtube video, and cleaning, should be educational fun !
redk

jesionowski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
I would recommend you try to clean the carb yourself. Its not really that difficult and there are a lot of instructional videos. Just look up gy6 carberator cleaning.  If however you would rather purchase the carb the number is 1610K-LDF7-M30. Its about a hundred bucks at Kymco Parts Monster. I would really try to clean it first though.

The one I see at the site is about $30, although I have seen them for around $100. I replaced the CDI and plug and the scooter definitely has spark but does not stay engage, gummed up carb after sitting for three years. I did and oil change and replaced the gas. Put seafoam in the new gas but will only run for about 5 seconds.  Thinking of getting that $39 carb from monster parts. I figure If I am going to pull it off to clean might as well put a new one on.

Any good videos on doing this??

Jhuzovic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 02:57:42 AM »
Did the $30 carb from monster parts work? Just bought 2012 Kymco that's been siting for over a year, I am sure carb is out.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 02:36:09 AM »
Did the $30 carb from monster parts work? Just bought 2012 Kymco that's been siting for over a year, I am sure carb is out.

I would highly recommend trying to clean the original carburetor first. The aftermarket ones are not near the same quality. But, if you must go after market, this one would work OK;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CWR5PO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3IRKRVDN81MTI&psc=1
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Jhuzovic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 01:52:48 PM »
$30 carb from monster scooter parts worked like a charm. Took me an hour to replace it. Drained and added new fuel, replaced spark plug and scooter started on 3rd try. Helpful hint, there is one hose you have to disconnect (attached to petkock on the other end) and suck in air which will allow gas to flow to carburetor.

Kensico

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:48 AM »
$30 carb from monster scooter parts worked like a charm. Took me an hour to replace it. Drained and added new fuel, replaced spark plug and scooter started on 3rd try. Helpful hint, there is one hose you have to disconnect (attached to petkock on the other end) and suck in air which will allow gas to flow to carburetor.

Hi I'm having the same problem as you, I also ordered from Monster and when I noticed it did not have the extra hose coming off bottom of carb to air valve so I was going to return it, but are saying if I disconnect tha one hose it will work? Did you plug the hose or disconnect altogether and leave open at air valve? Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks Ken

jesionowski

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
Put in a new carb yesterday. and new CDI last year. Will run on starting fluid but feel like it isnt getting gas. $40 for the auto cock. But I think that is working. Cause when the engine is turning over the autocock opens and fuel flows. Running out of ideas.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:05:15 PM by jesionowski »

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »
Put in a new carb yesterday. and new CDI last year. Will run on starting fluid but feel like it isnt getting gas. $40 for the auto cock. But I think that is working. Cause when the engine is turning over the autocock opens and fuel flows. Running out of ideas.
Vaccum lines/pipes ok, not leaking?
Carburator float valve working properly?
You know that you can use most parts from GY6 125-150ccm engines?
Agility City 125

Shawng

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 03:12:43 AM »
Has anyone actually told you the part # besides the one comment. I have been looking for a carb and that # doesn't look like any I've seen. I'll be using Amazon. So when you buy a carb do you need to buy gaskets or anything or are they complete. Also how do you get to it as well as plug and air filter is the filter round or square

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()