Author Topic: Sunday Ride to Home Depot  (Read 1381 times)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Sunday Ride to Home Depot
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
Yesterday, I rode my recently repaired scooter to Home Depot which is about 35 miles. The BW had been out of commission for a few months as it was joy joy to finally get it out again and get to enjoy the full potential of the scooter. Some may recall I had an issue right from the very beginning when I bought it during the holiday as I couldn't get it over 60mph which was normal for my previous PS 200. But specs say a BW 250 can do about 83mph. On the way to town I could almost get to 80 but with the large oversized windshield I figured that was as good as I can expect and I was happy with that. I'm just glad I can now ride the 25 miles to town on our state highway and keep up with the traffic on this 70mph stretch without riding on the shoulder.

My first stop was Lowe's and Home Depot to look for doors for one of our construction projects and ran by La Madeline's for a cup of Joe as it was a brisk 45 degrees all day. Next went to Office Depot for a printer cartridge and took the long way home around our local lake, Lake Tyler.

The scooter is running perfect now and am so happy with it. Today, my helper is sick (my son) as I'll take the day off too and take the BW to town to meet my client to discuss our present remodel project for them and work in a bid too. I love conducting business from my scooter.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:07:48 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
sounds like you had a great day Scooter Dan
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »
I can`t wait to get my GT out and ride some. It has been cold with a threat of snow where I live.
Your scoot seems to be running good. Enjoy!.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Ride to Home Depot
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
I'm glad to hear that you got the bugs worked out of your new scoot and had an enjoyable ride. I know each time I am able to ride my DT a few miles, how good it feels. Ride safe.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »
These are great pictures. It has been riding weather here in the desert for the last week. At the moment my125cc is my
main transportation source. My 2005 Saturn Ion needs a new fuel pump.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Ernestt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »
35 miles on a scooter on a Texas highway that's awesome I'm trying to get confident enough to ride my people 250s highway speeds here in midland Odessa but the wind scares me a little maybe a big windshield like yours might help it looks awesome by the way!
2009 kymco people 250s

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »
Thanks guys. Those of us in the Southwest are getting a jump start on riding as the weather is perfect at about 60 degrees. Sorry some of you are still shoveling snow and pining for Spring. As for the tall windshield I've always had windscreens I could look over and always cut down the tall ones. I do like this tall windshield though for winter riding as it is quiet and warmer behind it. I am ordering however a Puig windshield that's much shorter for summer riding as it gets very hot in Texas. I understand your concerns about riding in the Midland/Odessa area as I lived there once and it's very windy in West Texas. I've ridden allot in high winds and it helps to loosen up the death grip as this exasperates the affects on the bike. This is gutsy to try but it works, try riding with one hand in high wind just to get a feel for being more relaxed and let the bike move around a little. A good relaxation technique.

poppajim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 01:05:06 AM »
Nice scooter Dan

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 01:09:24 PM »
Nice scooter Dan

Thanks Poppajim. It's growing on me. I wanted a Vespa like upright sitting position like my PS 200 but with a little more power. There are other body designs that I think I like better but I got a low mileage nearly new BW so I'm learning to like it too.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
BTW, ordered my new Puig windshield from Italy last night. Should be arriving at the end of March or beginning of April.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
I have ridden my scooter to Home Depot many times.  A couple of times I brought home two 50 pound bags of sand.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »
I have ridden my scooter to Home Depot many times.  A couple of times I brought home two 50 pound bags of sand.

Yep, pretty amazing what one can haul on a scooter. I used to do home inspections on my scooter and hauled a telescoping extension ladder. Once a hauled a couple of plastic lawn chairs. Of course the underseat storage and top box frequently are filled with grocery items, oil, small building materials, tools, paint and coveralls with gloves and flashlight for doing g pier and beam bids. I'm a foundation repair contractor and remodeler. If I could find a hitch for my Silverwing I'd haul once of those HF Tagalong trailers. Had one I pulled behind my Goldwing.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 12:46:50 PM »
BTW, ordered my new Puig windshield from Italy last night. Should be arriving at the end of March or beginning of April.

Here's a pic of the Puig I ordered.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
That's a really nice looking windshield Dan. First thing I did , when I got my DT was put a GIVI on it. Those factory shield just don't cut it. I put the old factory shield on my 4 wheeler, so it wasn't wasted.
You did good Dan. Ride on bro.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
That's a really nice looking windshield Dan. First thing I did , when I got my DT was put a GIVI on it. Those factory shield just don't cut it. I put the old factory shield on my 4 wheeler, so it wasn't wasted.
You did good Dan. Ride on bro.

Mac

Have a Givi on my SW and had on previous Burgman's too, nice windscreens. Got the Kymco out yesterday after work for a much needed bath. She really cleaned up nicely.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:37:07 AM by Scooter Dan »

Wil B.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
That old B&W 250 is one of nicest looking and best put-together scooters there is.  Still waiting for the snow to clear here in Chicago land.

Wil B.
Broadview, IL

'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'91 Honda Nighthawk
'04 Kymco Super 9
'10 Kymco Yager 200gt

Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX
"I am not a number. I'm a FREE MAN!"

An Error Has Occurred!