Author Topic: Crankcase Breather Element for GT300i  (Read 1985 times)

SweetZRag

• View Profile
Crankcase Breather Element for GT300i
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »
Hi all,

I am looking for the correct part number for the crankcase breather element on my 2013 People GT300i.  The parts diagrams I have found on www.KymcoPartsMonster.com do not show this part for my model but I found the attached diagram for a different model that shows what I need.  It is shown as 11350 on the attached diagram with part number 11350-LEA7-E00 but when I enter this on any of the dealer part websites, it is not found.  Can anyone help me find the correct part number?

Thanks!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Crankcase Breather Element for GT300i
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:37:09 AM »
That's a CVT filter and it looks exactly like the one on a DT300i which is LEA7. We have both the People GTi300 and the DT and have inspected both.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:20:02 AM »

On my downtown I don't have one of those,.  and no place to screw it on,   it may be year specific, when they came out , then they droped it,.  did you find one on yours Karl

SweetZRag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:24:24 AM »
I am calling it crankcase breather filter because it was shown on the left side crankcase cover diagram.  I haven't found a description in the parts sites yet.  It is not shown on the diagrams for my 2013 People GTi300.  I was going to call Kymco customer support on Monday but was hoping this forum could help me identify the part number for my model/year.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
You are absolutely right about what they call it, RZ. I looked at both diagrams, each for the People and DT and both the same. Conclude that to get the filter/breather/whatever ya gotta buy the whole cover! I think the purpose is to strain out bugs and leaves so you could use a piece of screen, mesh or maybe Hobby Lobby foam. Or leave it off like De dee says his does not have a filter/breather/yada, yada.....

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »
You are absolutely right about what they call it, RZ. I looked at both diagrams, each for the People and DT and both the same. Conclude that to get the filter/breather/whatever ya gotta buy the whole cover! I think the purpose is to strain out bugs and leaves so you could use a piece of screen, mesh or maybe Hobby Lobby foam. Or leave it off like De dee says his does not have a filter/breather/yada, yada.....

Karl

My Helix originally had this filter but they no longer make them. I go without one like my other scooter. In my opinion, they are not absolutely necessary unless you drive dirt roads or in rough country. Many people make a replacement  out of quarter inch foam air conditioner filter material. (That's what Karl said) If you make a filter, make sure it is very open-celled to allow a lot of air flow. It is most important to keep the belt cool.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
!! Air conditioner filter material!! That's EXACTLY what that stuff is! Eureka! You found it Mr. Paul!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 02:52:43 PM »
!! Air conditioner filter material!! That's EXACTLY what that stuff is! Eureka! You found it Mr. Paul!

Karl

Thanks Karl. The stuff is porous, easy to trim, and dirt cheap. (Pun intended)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

SweetZRag

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
Thanks guys.  I like this idea and will make a replacement as suggested.  I am fixing this for a friend who rear ended a comcast van.  Broke every piece of plastic on it (including 3 ribs) and hasn't even done the first scheduled oil change yet.  He is ok and I can fix for about $900 in parts.  I am glad I found this forum and appreciate your help!

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 06:06:34 PM »
Thanks guys.  I like this idea and will make a replacement as suggested.  I am fixing this for a friend who rear ended a comcast van.  Broke every piece of plastic on it (including 3 ribs) and hasn't even done the first scheduled oil change yet.  He is ok and I can fix for about $900 in parts.  I am glad I found this forum and appreciate your help!

God Bless you for helping your friend out.  This is a great forum with some really good people.  :)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
Hey SweetZrag, your parts diagram, pictured, is for an engine air filter. The crankcase breather is located under the valve cover. Parts Monster's add say if you don't see the part in their diagrams, then call them. The part I needed was not in the diagrams, but when I called them, they had it.. Good luck.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
On further research, the crankcase breather  element does not require service. Its main job is to separate the oily mist from the crankcase pressure and return it to the crankcase. The pressure then travels thru a rubber hose down to  just in front of the engine air filter. There is a trap to collect any remaining oil in the pressure Under the bike the trap has a clear hose with a cap on it. The only service required to the crankcase pressure relief system is to remove that cap every 6 months to drain any oil. This is probably not the filter element that look are looking for. Just FYI

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()