Author Topic: Seat Stuck Locked  (Read 1308 times)

cb325

• View Profile
Seat Stuck Locked
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »
My seat is stuck in the locked position. Turning the key to unlock it I can only get the back left sight to unlatch but not the right. I use to be able to reach my hand under the front end and pull on the cable by the ignition while having the key turned and it would pop it open, but now that doesn't even work.

I feel like I will have to do some disassembly or something to get the seat open because it is a pain not being able to use that space anymore. What do I need to do to get the latch undone and adjusted so I don't have this issue anymore?

Thanks!

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Seat Stuck Locked
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:25:19 AM »

you will have to take the front off, so you can see the ignition switch, you will see the cable on the right hand side one screw holding it,  pull on that to release the seat

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:29 AM »
When one of my seat catches was 'sticking', I found that it didn't need adjusting, it just needed some lubrication and it worked perfectly after that.

So if you can get a plastic straw and a can of WD40 and perhaps get it in the area of the sticking seat catch, a quick squirt might save you a bit of work.

cb325

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 12:55:31 AM »
  you will have to take the front off, so you can see the ignition switch, you will see the cable on the right hand side one screw holding it,  pull on that to release the seat

I can reach my hand under there and pull on the cable without taking off the front end. I mentioned that in my post. It use to work when I had it stuck before but now nothing I am trying is working.

When one of my seat catches was 'sticking', I found that it didn't need adjusting, it just needed some lubrication and it worked perfectly after that.

So if you can get a plastic straw and a can of WD40 and perhaps get it in the area of the sticking seat catch, a quick squirt might save you a bit of work.

I have tried that. I think there should be something else I can do or take apart so I can directly access another way to unlock it. I imagine I might have to do a lot of work to get it done but it is something I need done.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()