Author Topic: Why do we do this?  (Read 1643 times)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Why do we do this?
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:47:08 AM »
I have noticed a trend across all forums and all subjects.  A poster will ask "which is better A or B?"
Some answer that D is better. Some answer that Y is better etc.  Few answer A or B. In the end, the poster has to ask himself "NOW what is better A,B,D, or Y ?" I hate that. AND I DO IT!  :-[
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:51:49 AM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we do this?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
I think we are all guilty of this at times. I know I do it assuming maybe the OP doesn't know there are other options available.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:03:03 PM »
 On some forums, the OP gets told that both A and B are garbage, not just that D or Y is better. I see this a lot on the ADV forum. With some, if your riding jacket or auxiliary lights didn't cost $900.00, then they are crop.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »
see this a lot on the ADV forum
Also typical on Reddit scooters.

And, with very few exceptions, the suggestions offered to the "what about this" original posters are ignored . . mostly just "too lazy to search" slackers pointlessly exploiting others!

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »
 This is why I started reading all the forums. I knew nothing about scooters, motorcycles or gear before I decided to buy my Like. Generally, I will search for gear choices, then read everyone's opinions. When a different choice pops up, I will check it out. I will rarely ask a question before doing a search because it has already been asked 100 times by others.
 Some items that are discounted by others, have actually worked out for me due to budget, only occasional use or circumstance. I am planning a scooter camping trip in the next couple of months. The consensus is that cheap camping gear is crappie. I agree, however, I am not going to invest in expensive camping gear if this is a one time thing. I do believe that most of the opinions are based on experience. It is the Internet, so an argument can start by saying hello.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »
You know LidoCA, a wise man once said,: "The best Advise is, don't give it." and like you, I STILL DO.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »
They give the "c" choice because 9 times out of 10 that's what's under their butt. Gota be the best if I have one......

As far as other forums go the worst are the China crap forums. Ones called "it is the ride" except most of the scoots their don't run very well so not much riding. Well they run better than the rathole forum.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 03:34:31 AM »
I see this all the time, ignoring the posters question, disrespectful in my opinion.

Best to answer the posters question first than state your opinion if you care to.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
I see this all the time, ignoring the posters question, disrespectful in my opinion.

Best to answer the posters question first than state your opinion if you care to.
I agree with that approach. Yes, I'm sometimes guilty of going off on a tangent. But I agree that we at least should start by addressing the poster's original question first whenever possible.

Then we can go off on our tangents. 😂
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
OK, "B".
So, how many went to bed after the halftime show?
°¿°
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 04:59:34 PM »
This is why I started reading all the forums. I knew nothing about scooters, motorcycles or gear before I decided to buy my Like. Generally, I will search for gear choices, then read everyone's opinions. When a different choice pops up, I will check it out. I will rarely ask a question before doing a search because it has already been asked 100 times by others.
 Some items that are discounted by others, have actually worked out for me due to budget, only occasional use or circumstance. I am planning a scooter camping trip in the next couple of months. The consensus is that cheap camping gear is crappie. I agree, however, I am not going to invest in expensive camping gear if this is a one time thing. I do believe that most of the opinions are based on experience. It is the Internet, so an argument can start by saying hello.

Good choice man about starting out cheap. I'm an active outdoorsman and do allot of camping and canoeing. When I began as a young adult I backpacked with a $5 clear plastic tube tent. Today I buy quality gear like Marmot, North Face etc, but I also dig this stuff and invest for the long haul. A good quality tent will last at least 10 years so if you get to a place where you think you might do this regularly then look at better stuff like REI.com or campmor.com.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:17:39 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()