Author Topic: People 250 out of retirement  (Read 1642 times)

Punk052

• View Profile
People 250 out of retirement
« on: March 03, 2017, 03:30:25 AM »
So, it has been all most two years since I have had my people 250 out on the road. I cracked the exhaust header pipe one to many times and got fed up trying to weld the awful factory unit back together. I told myself over and over that I would build a new one from scratch, but never did. Bought and sold a cx500, then a cb350, then honda express. All the while the people sat in the shed. I had it on a trickle charger and it starts right up, but no exhaust means no way to ride. When did parts become so expensive and hard to find for this bike?
Well no more, this thread will document the return of my p250 and the improvment there of. I want a college town monster that will ride anywhere in any weather. I now work on out citys campus and park almost as far from my office as my house is. But scooter parking is 100ft from my office.

Plan include:
New exhaust (on its way from florida)
New paint, this will be color 4 for my scoot. Have yet to decide on the color
Complete service of the scoot, all fluids, valve adjustment, and any other needed parts
All new lights, LEDs all around to free up juice
Some kind of auxillary lighting on the front. I have some 6 inch hid spots and some LEDs around the garage.
Other dumber ideas. This includes oil cooler, body mods, lowering, new rear shocks, custom luggage, extended fuel tank for intersate trips, a heated seat and grips, new front fender, knobby tires?, or even a CF body.

I have always been a car guy, but fixing up old bikes over the last few years has made me better at custom work. I hope to get this started with pics and updates along the way as the weather warms and the savings account drains.

Would also like to hear any ideas, or see any pics for info or insparation.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: People 250 out of retirement
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
Hi there. Glad to hear you are going to be back in the game! Best of luck. Here are some lights that I mounted on the bottom of my Helix Forks. They are cheap, rugged, and bright. And they dont draw much juice;

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Driving-Degree-Waterproof-Off-road/dp/B00UJ5YL6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488537858&sr=8-2&keywords=auxbeam+led+lights
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »
Great news! I love the people 250. Have fun with her

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
I like those lights from amazon, and have a few in the garage. They will most likely be what I use.

I would love to get this kind of look though...
http://www.asset1.net/tv/pictures/movie/quadrophenia-1979/quadrophenia-KA-1.jpg

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 04:49:06 AM »
New factory exhuast and a new battery arrived today. Took the bodywork off the back of the scooter.

Plans for now are to remove the air injection setup and block it off. I think this is why my old exhaust blew out at the elbow so many times. Also, why make the hottest part of the out of a cheap pressed elbow. Going to have a shop bend me up a new better headpipe before this one goes the way of the other.

Pulled the valve cover off and all looks good. Need to check the gaps on the valves tomorrow, but I'm pleasently surprised by the condition of my engine after 32k miles.

Need to decide on the body color and order led lights this weekend. Lucky for me snow is forecasted and will keep me from being tempted to ride a running but apart scooter arounf the block.

Ernestt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:20:36 AM »
post pics ! glad to here about people customizing a people.
2009 kymco people 250s

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »
IMO...

You can have just as much fun tinkering and making improvements to scooter as you would with a custom built auto.

My kid has a client who is putting 10k USD into a Chevy Truck !

I can't see it...
redk

...and there is No gold plating or boost...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()