Author Topic: Winter commuting  (Read 2096 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Winter commuting
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »
I've a new vlog on winter commuting. Feedback welcomed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkhZnkvyMY

- Wolf

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Winter commuting
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:43:08 AM »
Great vlog Wolf! You are very good at video editing and as we say here in Georgia "You talk real good!" I also ride in the cold and your points were spot-on. Great job man, I enjoyed watching it.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:51:52 AM »
Cool video. That van needed a kick though....and bare flesh on the wrists brrrr! (mind you I once rode 40 miles in the winter without realising my flies were open to the arctic breeze)

Oh....and American road junctions.....gah! Get some roundabouts!

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:58 AM »
Enjoyed the morning commute with you. I also enjoyed seeing De Dee riding. That lady is a real inspiration to me, being a senior rider abd her knowledge of Kymco mechanics just blows me away. I kept thinking how much you would benefit from a full windscreen with hand deflectors. Seems like you were making good as you were. Not me, I want all the weather protection I can get.. Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:40:26 AM »
Thanks, everyone. Really enjoyed making this one. Yeah, the guy in the van was a little troubling, but at least he wasn't on his cell. My hands got colder on the second part of my ride which will be in my next vlog (next week if I'm lucky). Despite that cold ride the rest of the week's been in the 60's and 70's. Tomorrow it's back to being cold, but I'm still convinced winter's hit it's peak in our parts.

- Wolf

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »
Man what a fun ride into Philly. I lived in Stanton, Delaware near Wilmington for about 15 years as a kid.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 04:03:57 AM »
My first long freeway ride (and getting lost) was dipping down to Delaware on my Yager. Hope the vlog brought back some good memories.

- Wolf

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
... here in Georgia ... I also ride in the cold...
Georgia is cold? Or should that be "cold", relative to your warm climate?  ;)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »
Georgia is cold? Or should that be "cold", relative to your warm climate?  ;)

Yeah I know. Compared to what some of you guys go through, our winters down here are nothing. But it does get cold on occasion. I think the coldest I have ridden this season it was 24 degrees at the house. My record so far is 19 degrees .  But these cold snaps are usually short-lived so I am blessed to be able to ride year round.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 03:31:25 AM »

Yeah I know. Compared to what some of you guys go through, our winters down here are nothing. But it does get cold on occasion. I think the coldest I have ridden this season it was 24 degrees at the house. My record so far is 19 degrees .  But these cold snaps are usually short-lived so I am blessed to be able to ride year round.
Well, just know that many of us are envious of your very nice riding weather, so you enjoy every day you get to ride your scooter that we don't. Waiting for Spring......
2014 Lance PCH 150
Nampa, ID

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »
Someone help me push the cold weather down to Georgia. Early spring here we come!

- Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 11:57:51 PM »
Riding in Georgia (or any southern US state might) seem appealling, but in every movie I've seen from those areas, everyone seems to sweat like a fat guy lost in the woods who thinks he just heard the sound of a banjo.

I mean, I've seen them doing nothing more than changing channels on the tv (where the new tv sits on top of the old tv) and they're sweating with the effort.

Where I am, I've marathon runners come in on record pace and can still be shivering.

Nah, the heat is fine when you're sitting on he beach in Tenerife sipping from fruity alcoholic drinks with little brollies in. 

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »
It's not the heat that gets you, but the humidity. Guess I'm too much of northerner to take muggy, sticky weather.

Part 2 of my vlog is up on Youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3F3ws-JPTA

-Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »
I have no concept of humidity, although I do recall Walter saying he grew moss mostly his ass when visiting Florida.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
I have no concept of humidity, although I do recall Walter saying he grew moss mostly his ass when visiting Florida.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Love Walter!
2014 Lance PCH 150
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()