Author Topic: 450i won't start  (Read 4155 times)

Coach

• View Profile
450i won't start
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
Moved it out of garage to get mower yesterday. It started right up and I backed it out of garage. Three hours later , went to put it back up and it wouldn't start and smelled like gas after trying a few times. I removed the seat and what appears to be the injector was leaking gas . Loaded it up ( thankful that my trailer has winching capabilities ) and dropped it off at dealer this morning. It has 375 miles on it and this is the only problem I've had except for the rear ( shaft mounted ) brake moaning and groaning !
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i won't start
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
     Sorry to hear that, we are all familiar with the rear brake squeal, seems to be typical on other brands with shaft mounted disc as well. As far as the fuel injector hope it is something simple, keep us posted. It sucks to see someone have a problem but so far the problems have been extremely few and far between and hope it stays that way. Sounds like a pressure switch went haywire.

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
I'm not really worried as I bought a 4 year warranty from Kymco when I bought the ride. Hopefully they'll figure it out pretty soon and I'll be back using it. Sounds like the brake groaning isn't anything new as the new ones at the dealer have the same problem. I'll let ya know what the fix was as soon as I get it back.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
Next time, I'll look into it myself before hauling it off. The spark plug was fouled out. New plug and runs like a top. Dealer said that happens often when you crank it cold and only let it run a very short period of time. Computer doesn't have enough time to sort everything out like temp ,gas needed in cylinder, pressure to gas feed etc. I had backed it out and shut it off after approx. 10 seconds of engine time. I'll let her idle a little after starting from now on. All is good.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

DG Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:46:27 AM »
So what happened to the leak?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »
Next time, I'll look into it myself before hauling it off. The spark plug was fouled out. New plug and runs like a top. Dealer said that happens often when you crank it cold and only let it run a very short period of time. Computer doesn't have enough time to sort everything out like temp ,gas needed in cylinder, pressure to gas feed etc. I had backed it out and shut it off after approx. 10 seconds of engine time. I'll let her idle a little after starting from now on. All is good.
Glad to hear it was a simple fix, I am somewhat anal I guess as I always let my vehicles warm up for a minute before heading out so I have never had that issue, however it is a good piece of information to know for other owners, Thanks for posting your results.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()