Author Topic: What do you wear..?  (Read 4992 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
Re: What do you wear..?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »
I dress for the crash I'll survive

As my old mum says 'put on clean underpants - you might get run over and taken to hospital'

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »
Two wheels, it's never too late to change. We forgive you, but remember the road is a harsh teacher.

- Wolf
  That it is I for got to say it has build in elbow pads. and a harden back side.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
full face helmet, motorcycle gloves, armored mesh jacket, Sidi motorcycle shoes (kind of like high top tennis shoes) and choice of Dianese long underwear with built in armor or my recently purchased Bohn armor long underwear with built in armor, under jeans. I also have a pair of AGV textile pants with armor and liners if it gets colder.

I'm too old to want to deal with road rash!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »
Two wheels, it's never too late to change. We forgive you, but remember the road is a harsh teacher.

- Wolf

To be fair, I imagined it would be nothing apart from denim dungarees and hobnail boots  ;)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
FF helmet, textile armor jacket, heavy blue jeans, and MC gloves. I need to get a new pair of MC boots.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »
As I'm hoping to put a few miles on the DT when the warmer weather (eventually) arrives, I thought I'd invest in a new motorcycle jacket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252496614315?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=551387410976&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didn't want a 'full' jacket and nor do I want anything gaudy (as bike clothing manufacturers tend to make them).

......And it's within budget.

Sorted.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
I wish more MC apparel manufacturers would move away from the power ranger look. I like to see a more casual look. Something that can do double duty. To meet the safety needs of the rider yet has that casual about town look. 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 04:25:13 AM »
Here in Vegas I ride my summer mesh jacket and summer gloves with a 3 quarter helmet with a face sheild on it. For the winter I wear my full jacket followed by some heat freeze long johns. I am no fan of full face helmets. I still like have the freedom without feeling cluastophobic. Recently I was in Cycle Gear and I saw this bright yellow full face helmet. I tried it on and it was very comfortable. I did not feel like I needed to get out of it right away. In the next days I am purchasing this helmet. The wind can be brutal here in Vegas.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »
Years ago, my mate bought a Yamaha racer thing with the full set of flashy gear. He walked into my house, proud as punch at his expensive purchases only to hear my Dad say:

'Hey son, good luck.  I remember the first time I was fired out of a cannon'

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »
Years ago, my mate bought a Yamaha racer thing with the full set of flashy gear. He walked into my house, proud as punch at his expensive purchases only to hear my Dad say:

'Hey son, good luck.  I remember the first time I was fired out of a cannon'

;D ;D ;D
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
I wish more MC apparel manufacturers would move away from the power ranger look. I like to see a more casual look. Something that can do double duty. To meet the safety needs of the rider yet has that casual about town look.

That will happen after the advent of rubber roads and nerf cars..... ;)

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »
Armored Jacket always ( I have a waterproof winter, mesh summer, and armored denim with zip out hoodie), Full face Modular helmet with helmet cam on one side and Bluetooth syatem on other side, I have summer leather Sedici Armored gloves and winter ADV waterproof insluated textile/leather armored guantlets and freeze out glove liners, I also only wear jeans but if it's below 40 I will put on my Bilt/Froggtogg waterproof pants they are a great windbreaker at 60MPH, and to complete it all I always wear my insulated, waterproof, armored midcalf motorcycle boots.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

An Error Has Occurred!