Author Topic: What do you wear..?  (Read 4993 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
What do you wear..?
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »
If I'm going on a longer than usual trip, I normally put on a bulky Cordura armoured jacket on, but for day to day stuff, I've got a normal leather jacket for the summer and a heavier double lined coat for the winter. Not biking gear, but so much more practical when you're off the bike.

On the legs, I used to wear armoured trousers that went with the jacket.....but they're bulky inflexible and when you try to walk around I look like I've got piles. So it's denim jeans for me now.

On the feet, I do have a pair of armoured 'proper' motorcycle boots, but these days I prefer to wear sturdy, but definitely non motorcycle boots. As long as they cover the ankle (Workmans boots are cheap and do the job - or hiking boots).

I wear standard issue motorcycle gloves.

So, apart from the gloves and helmet, nothing is what you would call modern biking gear - but at least when I get to my destination, I can chuck the lid and gloves under the seat and I don't feel to much of a knob mingling in ,say, a cafe wearing this brightly cloured monsterous, bulky clothing and boots with all its buckles and velcro.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: What do you wear..?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:17:15 PM »
I wear a full face helmet, armored jacket with liner in winter, motorcycle gloves, heavy jeans or work pants, and leather over- the- ankle hiking boots. When its really cold I also put my rain bibs on to knock off the wind.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:00:06 PM »
Component full face helmet, heavy leather jacket and gloves in the winter and a Corazzo armored jacket, and meshed gloves for the rest of the year. Jeans, and thermals under them when it's cold, but I also have a heavy pair of cargo pants for long rides. Over the ankle boots, but just regular. Wearing MC boats where I work all day would be odd.

My accessories are a balaclava when it's really cold, and I have a LED light on the back of my helmet for early morning and night riding. I'm not so much ATGATT, but just all the gear I can afford.

- Wolf

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »
Always wear a textile jacket, either full mesh in summer or my winter jacket with full armour. Since I have 5 bike jackets and for every climate, it's natural that I would wear them. Full face modular Nolan, bike gloves and MC boots. Sometimes I'll wear over the ankle hiking boots. As for pants, I have summer mesh and winter overpants that I wear if it's cold or going on a long ride/trip otherwise wear denim jeans. The pants are my Achilles Heal in my attire and I can't get myself to wear protective overpants when I'm only riding to town doing errands. I know it's not smart and perhaps I'll get it together and wear all the gear all the time.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 04:04:38 PM »
I'm always in my Full face Helmet(DOT & SNELL Rated) with either my Textile Summer Armored Jacket or Cold/Rain Armored Jacket, Motorcycle gloves and either my Combat Boots or work boots. As to pants it usually Blue Jeans or my heavy work pants

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:40:44 PM »
Remember the, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda ads", ? That's how I dress. Summer time jeans, tee shirt and half helmet. Not smart and I'm very glad you folks dress properly and I SHOULD, but old habits die hard. There was no such thing as body armor or Kevlar when I started riding and no helmet laws. I know I'm not being very smart or safe, so please forgive.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:05:05 PM »
Full face helmit.with mesh jacket with 3 layers that are removeable depending on weather.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
Full face helmit.with mesh jacket with 3 layers that are removeable depending on weather.

Two wheels, it's never too late to change. We forgive you, but remember the road is a harsh teacher.

- Wolf

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »
Vented suit with armor summer and winter, full face modular helmet. Use the rain suit when really cold and layered inside the armor suit.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 10:51:40 PM »
You think OTW is pushing his luck. Look at what they were wearing in the 60's

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
...early Italian scooters in some respects were way ahead of their time - look, this one has twin airbags fitted

Looks like they've gone off though  :)

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 07:18:25 AM »
...early Italian scooters in some respects were way ahead of their time - look, this one has twin airbags fitted

Looks like they've gone off though  :)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey, that's way better than the version I saw once...an old, fat, very white dude on a HD riding down the street in only a Speedo. Some things you just can't un-see!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:57 AM »
I wear a full face helmet, armored jacket with liner in winter, motorcycle gloves, heavy jeans or work pants, and leather over- the- ankle hiking boots. When its really cold I also put my rain bibs on to knock off the wind.
I wear almost exactly the same thing as Mr. Paul (must be that genius thing that comes from riding a People 150).
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:29:40 AM »
I wear almost exactly the same thing as Mr. Paul (must be that genius thing that comes from riding a People 150).

You meet the smartest people on a People.  ;)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »
I dress for the crash I'll survive not the one that will kill me.
ATGATT.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()