Author Topic: Another Busted Belt after 4K miles  (Read 2591 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Another Busted Belt after 4K miles
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
I checked your posts and you have over 40000 miles on your DT! Will you be able to identify the worn-out parts once the repair is made, maybe post some pictures? 40k miles still seems a bit short for the CVT mechanicals to be worn-out to me. But that is me: I expect stuff to last forever!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 03:59:11 AM »
I have 60 000km,rolled over just the other day ,and zero issues with belts .I am using a belt well past it's replacement date. I might be 30 000km on it now. I looked at it last week end and inside dia had some visible cracks, outer, smaller cracks, and the sides super smooth. No loss in top speed or acceleration, and it also has not lost any width. And it's a GATES belt. On my 500.note:I have a spare in stand by 😁

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

cb325

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
I have 30,600 miles on my downtown right now and just recently had to replace my variator as my old one was worn. Before replacing it I did go through a few belts in what seemed to be not many miles. Now it runs like new again and I love it.

shalbern

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 05:30:09 AM »
Hi xsel777,

Which GATES belt are you using?

Thanks in advance ;)

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 06:01:51 AM »
This is good for me to know thanks I won't be doing as much accelerating anymore! :) Don't to it a whole lot but sometimes depending on situation I want to move out fast and clear myself from traffic.

(This is a biggie) Did you buy a Kymco OEM belt? If not, that is your problem. Otherwise;
 Do you rev the scooter at traffic lights? Is the scooter idle set high? Do you ride two-up a lot with hills? Do you accelerate/decelerate rapidly? Sounds like something is causing too much heat in your cvt system. I would try to rule out riding style and conditions and work from there. Best of luck!
Kat :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()